• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bruyneel says that Armstrong can win the Tour

I think we all know what that means: Armstrong must plan on coming to the Tour more doped than Pete Doherty, Axel Rose, and Tommy Chong put together.

How well can it work? How good can a juiced thirty-nine year old be?

I still do not understand why his time trialing was so bad last year. Steady state power like that should not decline as much with age as the ability to respond to attacks while climbing.

If Riis was running at 60%, what will the Uniballer be at? 99% proof?

They seem to have been road-testing it on Horner and got that right. They tried it on the Uniballer earlier on this year and he ended up with a dose of the PDMs.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Highly doubtful that LA can win the tour this year, clean or not. Just rah rah smack talk from Bruyneel. Regardless, I wouldn't expect him to say something along the lines of, "well, we have to face the truth and Lance just doesn't have it anymore and he's going to get his *** handed to him." That's not the kind of pre race publicity that sponsors want or the way to psyche up your riders.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think we all know what that means: Armstrong must plan on coming to the Tour more doped than Pete Doherty, Axel Rose, and Tommy Chong put together.

I still do not understand why his time trialing was so bad last year. Steady state power like that should not decline as much with age as the ability to respond to attacks while climbing.

So you're saying he wasn't doped last year?

dickwrench

BANNED
May 13, 2010
Visit site
Eyjafjallajokull said:
So you're saying he wasn't doped last year?

He's not saying anything that would put Lance in a good light so no way he is saying that though I don't know what he is saying. The people he list like Axl Rose and Chong are high on stuff that would not enhance cycling perfomance. Lance is always doped up accroding to everybody and if he comes out of retirement at 55 years of age he will get the same treatment then right?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
dicksprocket, are you enjoying your conversation with yourself ?

i can't see how Eyjafjallajokull can disagree with you. ;)

dickwrench

BANNED
May 13, 2010
Visit site
python said:
dicksprocket, are you enjoying your conversation with yourself ?

i can't see how Eyjafjallajokull can disagree with you. ;)

Dicksprocket? That's funny but sounds painful. I have read these forums and this guy named after the Iceland volcano was ban pro cycling, sprocket, british cycling, and some other names. I don't know why you say I am him but I got a message yesterday saying I was somebody else so this must be who they were talking about.

OK I will play along since I am supposed to be somebody else I am dicksprocket I mean Iceland volcano. :D

dickwrench

BANNED
May 13, 2010
Visit site
python said:
you wont enjoy a conversation with me as much as you will with yourself...so carry on chap.

That's what I thought run away and hide with your tail between your legs since you want to hijack this thread and I spank you with my post. Later chap.

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
last night the eurosport coverage of the giro was rudely interrupted by 'planet armstrong'

i have never seen such a ridiculous program in all my life, and actually laughed out loud when the hog said that cancer man can win the tour

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
dickjack, i (and several others) think it should beyou banned because sock puppetry is bad forget the transparent brain references.

the hog says he can win, Carmichael says he can win, Phil & Paul say he can win, even Obama says he can win....
but honestly-no matter how sophisticated & potent the dope he's going to use in the tour, his 38 Y.O. body can only take as much as the rest of the peloton without raising serious anomalies-but the most important aspect is ""recovery" because he can blast the field with a out-of-this-world- performance-and yet his 38 Y.O. body still going to deal with the process of recovery, which is always going to take longer than the younger rivals, regardless how many blood bags & HGH he's going to inject himself.....

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
9000ft said:
Highly doubtful that LA can win the tour this year, clean or not. Just rah rah smack talk from Bruyneel. Regardless, I wouldn't expect him to say something along the lines of, "well, we have to face the truth and Lance just doesn't have it anymore and he's going to get his *** handed to him." That's not the kind of pre race publicity that sponsors want or the way to psyche up your riders.

Doubtful??? I think it's impossible. He hasn't enough races. He was ill (I hope it's true). His condition isn't as good as last year. An no doping can do something against his age.

Bruyneel should wake up and stop dreaming.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
mustachestaff said:
Anyone else find it funny that Bruyneel is now sucking up to Contador and trying to demonize Vinokourov?

after Vino said last year if Johan doesn't like the idea of he (Vino) coming back to the team he started Johan can go find another job ? no.

isayic said:
Doubtful??? I think it's impossible. He hasn't enough races. He was ill (I hope it's true). His condition isn't as good as last year. An no doping can do something against his age.

Bruyneel should wake up and stop dreaming.

His blood profile from last year's Tour probably indicates microtransfusions through most of the race and a one unit transfusion on the last rest day. What if he goes on the Kohl program and uses four units of blood? There could be room for a considerable improvement.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
dickwrench said:
Dicksprocket? That's funny but sounds painful. I have read these forums and this guy named after the Iceland volcano was ban pro cycling, sprocket, british cycling, and some other names. I don't know why you say I am him but I got a message yesterday saying I was somebody else so this must be who they were talking about.

OK I will play along since I am supposed to be somebody else I am dicksprocket I mean Iceland volcano. :D

Learn 2 english. That is all.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

I think they were tweaking his position a lot last year- I seem to recall people posting he was sitting a bit lower etc. I am sure that the sudden increase in riding time leading up to the tour might have caused back problems to flare up in severity to (speaking with some personal experience- that's back to top level racing after a few years off (not))

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Paging Dr. Ferrari, paging Dr. Ferrari...

TRENDING THREADS