• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bruyneel's and Lance's team 2010

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
With all the happenings at team Astana will Bruyneel have a team next year?? Will it be a joint venture with Lance? Who will be on the roster?

A

Anonymous

I would think Horner might not be there either. I mean, Lance says he fought for him to be on the team, but he has to know that if Lance REALLY wanted him on the team, it would have happened.

Thoughtforfood said:
I would think Horner might not be there either. I mean, Lance says he fought for him to be on the team, but he has to know that if Lance REALLY wanted him on the team, it would have happened.

Horner is getting way up there in age. How much longer can he race?

He needs to kill it at the Vuelta.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
TibetT said:
With all the happenings at team Astana will Bruyneel have a team next year?? Will it be a joint venture with Lance? Who will be on the roster?

This should be in the mass doping thread. Doesn't belong here.

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
This should be in the mass doping thread. Doesn't belong here.

How do you figure that one out?? This thread was posted to discuss potential formation of a new team and potential staff (riders). There is no mention of doping and clearly any dopping discussion does not belong in this thread.:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

TibetT said:
How do you figure that one out?? This thread was posted to discuss potential formation of a new team and potential staff (riders). There is no mention of doping and clearly any dopping discussion does not belong in this thread.:rolleyes:

Its inherent to the people being discussed.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't think anyone knows what's going on with a new team, they keep these things pretty close to the chest.

Sorry Thoughtforfood, but this thread has nothing to do with doping. It appears you're looking at anything Bruyneel or Armstrong related with dope colored glasses and look for any opportunity to get in a jab. Take it to another thread please.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
According to many here, everyone dopes, so all discussion of all topics should be in the doping section, right?

I think Horner would be an asset. He's been riding strong.

I'd be interested to see if any of the Garmin guys are sick of being on a team that doesn't win any races and want to make the move over. It's a great group of guys, but the results have been lacking, to say the least.

My guess is Phinney is part of the squad as well, correct?

TibetT said:
How do you figure that one out??
He's yanking your chain and having a little fun. Roll your eyes, chuckle, and move on with the discussion.

I don't see Phinney quite to that level yet. It might be throwing him to the wolves.

I do see Horner there. Though he's older than Lance, it's quite possible he'll still be around, though he's gotten into it with Lance in the past, so who knows.

I think money is going to be a big, big thing. Lance isn't going to want to ride for a team with a modest budget and no real domestiques. He's sort of the Alex Rodrigez of cycling, love him or not, he wants to play for the team with the biggest names, and the biggest show, and the biggest budget. I mean, can you see him leading a team like Bbox, or Katusha? Even Skil has a budget, but I couldn't see him on a team like that either.

I'm in a way hoping he doesn't get the money, and instead of retiring decides to just race on a new Continental team. It would do a lot for racing in the USA, and ease him into retirement. But I don't see it happening, at least not yet.

One guy I'd like to see Lance and JB throw a lifeline to is Roberto Heras. Out of everyone that got busted for doping, Heras really took it on the chin as much as anyone. The UCI pressed to make sure no PT team would sign him, and behind the scenes he was not offered any real contract on any Continental team, even though Roberto was pretty contrite about his past. His full 4-year suspension is up in September, and he still could help a team out. I still think Roberto was no more doped than anyone else in 2005 (look up who he beat) and was a great, great racer. Roberto has also said his years on USPS were his favorite, and he considers Lance the best racer he ever rode with, and tipped Lance to win the Tour this year. Beautiful climber, and a likable guy.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
One guy I'd like to see Lance and JB throw a lifeline to is Roberto Heras. Out of everyone that got busted for doping, Heras really took it on the chin as much as anyone. The UCI pressed to make sure no PT team would sign him, and behind the scenes he was not offered any real contract on any Continental team, even though Roberto was pretty contrite about his past. His full 4-year suspension is up in September, and he still could help a team out. I still think Roberto was no more doped than anyone else in 2005 (look up who he beat) and was a great, great racer. Roberto has also said his years on USPS were his favorite, and he considers Lance the best racer he ever rode with, and tipped Lance to win the Tour this year. Beautiful climber, and a likable guy.

I doubt he will get thrown a lifeline, but I couldn't agree more with this statement.

TRENDING THREADS