• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

By how much will Froome win this year's Tour with?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

By how much will Froome win this year's Tour with?

• Between 5 and 6 minutes

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Between 6 and 7 minutes

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Between 7 and 8 minutes

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Between 8 and 9 minutes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Between 9 and 10 minutes

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • More than 10 minutes

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • He won't win

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Less than 3 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 3 and 4 minutes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Between 4 and 5 minutes

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
cellardoor said:
Pricey_sky said:
As he said since the start of the season, he is aiming for a peak on weeks 2-3. He's not won it yet but I thinkit could be 7-8 minutes.

Didn't he also say he was going to be defensive today? :p

Well he said that was the plan, but then he got the message that rivals were struggling so he told Porte and Thomas to nail it, and rightly so.

I think the plan was always to attack today, I think they specifically targeted this stage from Brailsford's post race comments.

Re:

Fernandez said:
He wont win it. He will fade away at the third week. Quintana will win this Tour

Froome is good in long stages, in long climbs and in the third week.

Nairo is a better climber, a pure cliber, and as the mountain stage goes he will be better, and I think he will be better some days than froome, but some days Froome will put more time to him.

Nairo is young and I think he could beat Froome some year, but he has to wait. he is a big talent, but froome as well and more complete and when you are complete in the foirst mountain stage you beat pure climbers.

Taxus4a said:
Fernandez said:
He wont win it. He will fade away at the third week. Quintana will win this Tour

Nairo is a better climber, a pure cliber, and as the mountain stage goes he will be better, and I think he will be better some days than froome, but some days Froome will put more time to him.

Nairo is young and I think he could beat Froome some year, but he has to wait. he is a big talent, but froome as well and more complete and when you are complete in the foirst mountain stage you beat pure climbers.
How so?
Quintana should be strongest in the final week, but he needs to stop the time bleeding now, so that the time doesn't become impossible to gain back. That's what went wrong in 2013

Re:

damian13ster said:
Final week starts in 3 days. There isn't going to be a 1min improvement in such a short time period.
Froome is the best climber in the world and planned to peak for week 3

I dont think so, I think Quintana is a bettr climber, and maybe others.

You cant say that the rider that better climb in an stage after the forst climb with just one final climb is the best climber, he showed he is the best of le Tour, but not the best climber.

Froome is peaking all these days till the end, but quintana as well, and a pure climber need some mountains stages in the legs of everybody and stages with more than one climb to show his potential.

if you think that Pinot, Bardet, Purito,... has showed today his potential in the mountains and that Domoulin is a better climber you are wrong.

With Thomas I have my doubts, maybe he is a new Valverde, and that is not easy, but he has a similar story. But for him of course tha forst week is aesy than for other riders.

In the stage of the pave we didnt see differences, but we see that differences today, becouse not everybody get the same tired that day and other days, even the "easy" days

Re:

Jancouver said:
Voted "He will not win" as he will hopefully get busted before its over :cool:

You as reiterated several times when anyone point to Contador being an ex doper stripped of titles =l take this to the clinic

Its kinda pathetic that the only answer to SKY performance is to allude to doping with no proof

I guess if you are not happy its an easy way to point a finger and murky the achievement

May 13, 2015
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
Fernandez said:

Quintana is at his maximum, he will not get better in my opinion (in his career, not talking about strength in week 3). I think Zakarin will be able to match Froome if he is allowed to.

well - if SKY follows the 2013 script - I expect Froome to fade (cough "fake" cough) in the Alps & give away a minute or two to Quintanita, so I'd say 7 minutes +- is a fair guess :D

so Top 5 will be like:

1-) Froome
2-) Quintanita = 7:45
3-) G = 7:50
4-) Porte = 7:55
5) Contador = 22:35

The only things stopping Froome now are the AFLD, a Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding style incident or, I dunno, maybe Froome being blown off the side of the Alpe all the way to Lake Annecy by a freak gust of wind. Heck, even Froome's own kind returning to Earth to reclaim him is more likely than anyone here beating him now.

He'll keep the winning margin to about the same as Nibali's last year, to keep the questions down.

Re:

hfer07 said:
well - if SKY follows the 2013 script - I expect Froome to fade (cough "fake" cough) in the Alps & give away a minute or two to Quintanita, so I'd say 7 minutes +- is a fair guess :D

so Top 5 will be like:

1-) Froome
2-) Quintanita = 7:45
3-) G = 7:50
4-) Porte = 7:55
5) Contador = 22:35
How can Porte finish fourth? He already lost more than 45 minutes! G may possibly finish 3rd, but not 5secs behind Quintana.

TRENDING THREADS