• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

cables for Campy

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Campy cables are best for Campy, but you can use pretty much any brand. I've used Jagwire, and the teflon coated QBP cables for years on Campy equipped bikes with no issues. The Campy cables just seem to stay smoother longer.

St. Elia said:
Can someone give me some advice as to which cabl;es are the best for campy, Nokon, jagwire of just normal campy?
Jagwire is good, well made, not expensive. Make sure the derailleur cable end is smaller for ERGO and newer Campag levers, not the bigger for shimano/sram shifters. Also use 5mm der housing instead of 4mm or Campagnolo 4.5mm. Stay away from Nokon.

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
alligator I-Links

I've been using this cable set all year and I cannot get over how fantastic they are! I'm running 08 record. The shifts are just a smidge quicker and more precise, and the braking power, and modulation are even more significantly improved. It is one of the best products I've found to upgrade an already great groupset.
They're pretty easy to set up. They alleviate the need to re-adjust the cable tension after the first couple of rides. and they look sensational!
I could not be more satisfied.
and no, I don't work for them....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
What is your trouble with Nokon?

Bustedknuckle said:
Jagwire is good, well made, not expensive. Make sure the derailleur cable end is smaller for ERGO and newer Campag levers, not the bigger for shimano/sram shifters. Also use 5mm der housing instead of 4mm or Campagnolo 4.5mm. Stay away from Nokon.

I have used Nokon for 4 or 5 years now without a complaint. Shift well, brake better, totally enclosed so great on the rain bike, what is to hate? Cost? Since the ferrules last decades and the liner lasts at least 2 years it is getting cheaper every year I use them. Last time I changed liners and cables I saved 1/2 the cost of a new Campy cable kit and that is the second time I have re-threaded the housings. I figure in 2 years they are actually cheaper than any other premium cable and housing.

TRENDING THREADS