• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel Evans......2010 TdF Champion?

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
He did a great ride today, but he'll probably lose a lot of time in the big climbs in the third week. Both because Contador/A. Schleck are stronger climbers and because he had a very hard season and must be tired.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
RhodriM said:
Unfortunately, I think Contador can and will put a minute into him in the mountains. But let's see.

And another minute in the 3rd week ITT. At least. Happened before, will happen again, Evans is great but 3 weeks is too much for him. Not to talk about his massive effort in the Giro against a fresher and younger Contador...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
He will also be in Yellow after the first real mountain stage. Cuddles has never handled that sort of pressure well.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Cadel was marvelous today, but it seems in week 3 that his motor really slows down. And you got to think that with Frank being out, that Andy has lost his best ally in the mountains and will really hurt his chances now too.

Contador was really impressive today, it looks like if he keeps his form he will be near impossible to beat. But one has to wonder if Vinokorov hasn't got some self motivation to win for himself, maybe causing once again internal strife within the team that Contador will have to fight through.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Captain_Obvious said:
Seems from what? What do you base this on? Not only the 10Giro I hope.

with hte giro he has come into the tour a little bit more behind so he will hopefully come into tip top shape in the 3rd week.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
If he hadn't ridden the Giro this year (for the first time in almost a decade), he'd have a(nother) big chance.

Too bad he did. :p

It would be awesome if he stole it, though, and left Lance and Bertie bickering in the dust.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see him podium. Can he build fitness through to week 3 and hold the wheels of the big accelerations then attack in the Pyrenees alone?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Zoncolan said:
He did a great ride today, but he'll probably lose a lot of time in the big climbs in the third week. Both because Contador/A. Schleck are stronger climbers and because he had a very hard season and must be tired.

+1. But it's still early.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I'd like to see him podium. Can he build fitness through to week 3 and hold the wheels of the big accelerations then attack in the Pyrenees alone?
He doesn't have to attack with a minute advantage. He has to wheelsuck.....and we know he can do that....

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Cadel is notorious for a being a wheel-sucker who eventually gets dropped in the mountains. Will be interesting to see how he does. I do expect him to be more aggressive.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it was long enough and I think the weather influenced how aggressive some of the riders were willing to be. I think the ITT is almost 30 miles. So, that will certainly be a test. However, I don't think that Contador can take 1 minute from Cadel in that ITT. Contador will have to drop that wheel-sucker if he wants to win.

TRENDING THREADS