• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel Evans: Officially a Champion!

A

Anonymous

shocked... but, ive never been a fan of cadel, mainly due to his rather uninteresting riding style.. give him his due, he attacked today and got the reward.. maybe he will sit back and think if he had been more like that during his career he may have a few more wins.. so credit where credits due.. i just feel a litlte sick.. :D

i made you youre own gloating thread btw :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
shocked... but, ive never been a fan of cadel, mainly due to his rather uninteresting riding style.. give him his due, he attacked today and got the reward.. maybe he will sit back and think if he had been more like that during his career he may have a few more wins.. so credit where credits due.. i just feel a litlte sick.. :D

i made you youre own gloating thread btw :p

you are a good sport especially for a pom:D

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
lol @ cuddles.

do you think he'll have anything bad to say about his australian team?

or maybe he will use it to give more grief to silence lotto, showing them what he can do with a decent team. and he got to beat gilbert as well.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
as a TT champ, maybe i could handle that. But RR world champ Im gonna have to take a few days of work and come to terms with this.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
The guy went to a guru and said what's my problem? Guru says it's all in your head. He had his attitude right and jumped at the right time, that little gut check he did at the Vuelta put him on the podium, this time gut check equaled world champ. Good race good job. Fabian is a complete rider, the guy is flying.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
It's official Cadel Evans is a winner and a champion. your thoughts...
Stand tall auscyclefan (and others). I still dont like the guy, but your guy won, and impressively so.

Be proud Austrialia

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
Be proud Austrialia
I am a little worried about that, Australians love a champion and will gloat but just wait and watch how they turn when he doesn't win everything he goes in. This will be when Cadel really has to be on top mentally, it was hard before but it is going to be harder now.
His website has been suitably updated.:eek:

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Even the 1 year old i was looking after whilst watching the race was pointing at the screen gasping 'uh? uh? uh?' in disbelief when Evans started his attack. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
I was just trolling a little :)
Trolling a lot I'd say...
But understand none the less.

As a fanboy of Levi since his first GT podium, I am empathetic to auscyclefan and others. Irrespective of personality and racing quirks, good riders do, occasionally, come out on top.

After all the grief the guy has had over the last couple of years - it's great to see him get something back. A really worthy winner. You can't say he hasn't put the miles in.

Interestingly it seemed to take a while for it to sink in ... certainly not the usual two arm salute and tears we would normally see at the Worlds.

Anyway congrats to the guy and I hope it unlocks some other things for him ... maybe we see him take a classics win next year?

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Jesus, he actually did it.

Evans is usually in the mix and too good a rider not to be part of the favorites but who really expected him to win? A classy victory for a guy that works hard and rides clean. Yeah he has a silly dog and his voice is too high pitched but I'm proud of him. A great and well-deserved win.
Twisted Spoke http://walshworld.wordpress.com/

TRENDING THREADS