• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel's Contradiction

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

franciep10 said:
This has to be the dumbest and funniest series of posts on this forum u guys go ahead do ur thing

You know what, fu€k you. Your commenting on it makes you superior how? Oh wait.......

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
You know what, fu€k you. Your commenting on it makes you superior how? Oh wait.......

Listen whoever the **** you are, I was reading you and whatever that guys name is posts and I thought it was funny but dumb, r u trying to say this conversation makes sense, do I think commentating on this makes me superior no it doesn't, I expressed my opinion that it was funny but dumb if you take it to heart that it's dumb then I'm sorry it hurt your feelings.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
Yep, but hey isn't that what being a true tifosa is all about?
:rolleyes:

No. But again, I'm not a true tifosa. Hell, I'm not even THE true tifosa. I don't lay claim to the title or the persona. It's the users on this forum that I find so damned entertaining and charming. Spectacular company some days. Like in-laws other days. Like a dysfunctional workplace most days. And it's free, so I can't really expect more.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
It's the users on this forum that I find so damned entertaining and charming. Spectacular company some days. Like in-laws other days.
And sometimes, intelligent conversation occurs - briefly - before the sister-in-law accuses a nephew of something horrible, and the step-father disownes his wife's son for marriying such a bi...

Internet forums - a wonderful spectator sport...

A

Anonymous

franciep10 said:
Listen whoever the **** you are, I was reading you and whatever that guys name is posts and I thought it was funny but dumb, r u trying to say this conversation makes sense, do I think commentating on this makes me superior no it doesn't, I expressed my opinion that it was funny but dumb if you take it to heart that it's dumb then I'm sorry it hurt your feelings.

Sorry man, I can be touchy about that word. My bad.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
And sometimes, intelligent conversation occurs - briefly - before the sister-in-law accuses a nephew of something horrible, and the step-father disownes his wife's son for marriying such a bi...

Internet forums - a wonderful spectator sport...

Take my in-laws PLEASE!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
It was the wimpy b!tch slap at someone trying to touch his stuffed animal that I found least endearing.

Dude cut the guy some slack. Do you really think it's ok for the clown with the microphone to be continually jabbing his injured shoulder during the interview??????????? Evans got ****ed off, and rightfully so. Two questions for you to think about:1. What do you think he should have done? and 2. What would YOU do in that situation? Remember that these riders are just ordinary people who happen to be extra-ordinary at riding a bike. Should they be judged differently than we judge ourselves? I think not

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
your wrong angliru

I think cadel realised after the stage at mont ventoux that contador and other riders weren't going seriously after the dauphine. cadel was saying that if the lead comes to him that's great but it's not a big deal if he loses the leaders jersey. he also was saying that he will ride to do as best as he can but will be taking notes and watching other contenders. that is not a contradiction.
cadel evans is generally a nice guy. he needs to learn to calm down a bit and to think things through but the press gave him a hard time at le tour last year. people shouldn't judge him so badly. he's most likely a clean rider (never can be too sure) and is always open and friendly when i have came into contact with him either in person or of the net. don't judge people until you truly now them!

auscyclefan94 said:
I think cadel realised after the stage at mont ventoux that contador and other riders weren't going seriously after the dauphine. cadel was saying that if the lead comes to him that's great but it's not a big deal if he loses the leaders jersey. he also was saying that he will ride to do as best as he can but will be taking notes and watching other contenders. that is not a contradiction.
cadel evans is generally a nice guy. he needs to learn to calm down a bit and to think things through but the press gave him a hard time at le tour last year. people shouldn't judge him so badly. he's most likely a clean rider (never can be too sure) and is always open and friendly when i have came into contact with him either in person or of the net. don't judge people until you truly now them!

The contradiction lies in his criticism of Contador's intentions because they were the very same that he has espoused prior to numerous events. Now that one of his competitor's goals are contrary to his own they are being looked at as an excuse for failure? It appears one's side of this issues fence depends on if you're a true blue Evans fan or not.

I'm sure there were several riders over the years that were under the same if not more pressure at the Tour than Evans. Few crashed and burned as spectacularly as Evans did last year. I don't doubt that he's a nice guy and whether he's clean or not is open to endless debate about his time with T-Mobile and the fact that we are being surprised on a regular basis by riders that we thought may have been clean and subsequently are found to be otherwise.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I don't doubt that he's a nice guy and whether he's clean or not is open to endless debate about his time with T-Mobile and the fact that we are being surprised on a regular basis by riders that we thought may have been clean and subsequently are found to be otherwise.

You are right about the point about riders we thought clean testing positive but your drawing a very long bow to say the T - Mobile riders doping is associated with Cadel.:rolleyes: Cadel even said that the main reasons he left t-mobile was due to that he didn't fit in the culture their and wasn't getting the opprtunities to ride the big races. If contador has won the time trial at the dauphine he would have said he's in good form and he would of had to tryed to win so it would of been a goal. he was only 1 min off the win. contador can't have it both ways. i think it is unfair to say evans crashed and burned when he still finshed second and had a lot of things going against him.

auscyclefan94 said:
You are right about the point about riders we thought clean testing positive but your drawing a very long bow to say the T - Mobile riders doping is associated with Cadel.:rolleyes: Cadel even said that the main reasons he left t-mobile was due to that he didn't fit in the culture their and wasn't getting the opprtunities to ride the big races. If contador has won the time trial at the dauphine he would have said he's in good form and he would of had totry to win so it would of been a goal. he was only 1 min off the win. contador can't have it both ways.

I recall Evans having a series of crashes with resulting broken collarbones that effected his race opportunities (2003?). Its also likely that the fact that T-Mobile was stocked with stage racers with Ullrich being at the top of that list likely also effected Evans opportunities. They had Vinokourov and Kloden so his signing couldn't have led him to think that he would automatically gravitate to the top of the pecking order. He was seen prior to that as a rider with potential based strongly on his performance in the previous years Giro.

Unfortunately for him his injuries only added to his obstacles and limited the opportunities for him to show his worth. I'm sure as an Evans fan you're well aware of all of the above.

Its easy for you to speculate on what someone would have said had circumstances been different. One minute is a lot in a time trial. As far as your saying "Contador can't have it both ways" shouldn't you be replacing Contador's name with Evans' in light of the quotes that were attributed to Evans that spurred the start of this thread in the first place?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
All I know is if Evans didn't say stupid ****, people would only ***** about the fact that he is a boring rider. At least it gives you something else to debate, be greatfull for that.:p

msjett said:
All I know is if Evans didn't say stupid ****, people would only ***** about the fact that he is a boring rider. At least it gives you something else to debate, be greatfull for that.:p

I am shocked and appalled. You know they're going to revoke your official Aussie sports fan membership with statements like that!:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Evans doesn't have it both ways

Angliru said:
"Contador can't have it both ways" shouldn't you be replacing Contador's name with Evans' in light of the quotes that were attributed to Evans that spurred the start of this thread in the first place?

Yes you are right:eek: about evans being injured alot but he definetly wasn't happy with the culture of T-Mobile. Evans wasn't having it both ways. He was surprised that the main contenders weren't riding as hard.He said he wasn't nesseraily here to win but if it happened he'll defend the lead but would be obviously be riding reasonably hard to get some form . he was surprised that contador wasn't riding that hard which he realised after the mont ventoux stage. That is not a contradiction on cadels behalf. Contador is having it both ways by riding it hard in the time trial but not going that hard in the mountains. P.S Look at new thread : Who will win New jersery. Should be interesting!:cool:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
HAHAHAHa

Angliru said:
I am shocked and appalled. You know they're going to revoke your official Aussie sports fan membership with statements like that!:D

Your quite the comedian Angliru! I do recognise cadel is not perfect but people are too quick to judge others. i'm not a fan of all aussie sportsmen but i do like cadel!:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Your quite the comedian Angliru! I do recognise cadel is not perfect but people are too quick to judge others. i'm not a fan of all aussie sportsmen but i do like cadel!:D

You get to keep your membership...lol:p

Evans comments are purely just gamesmanship with Contador - to see them otherwise really isn't looking at all that goes on in these sorts of events.
All contenders want to win - they are lying if they say they're not, and that's well known.

TRENDING THREADS