Cadel's only hopes

Jul 14, 2009
5
0
0
Apart from changing teams mid-tour his only hopes are:
1. sit in with Astana and use Contador's domestiques and go when he goes and attack the crap out of him when they are alone
2. the next ITT.

I must say Cadel's loyalty to Silence Lotto is confusing. They have fed him empty promises and really haven't gathered a team worthy of supporting him.
I'd love to see how he would go at Clumbia or Garmin.
 
So again...

I think what illllllliiiiillllliiiil is trying to say is ...

Welcome to the cycling news forum - we appreciate new members and new opinions. Hi :)

And that you will often find existing threads that are good places to post your valued thoughts.

I am afraid this might have got lost in the translation ;)
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
180mmCrank said:
So again...

I think what illllllliiiiillllliiiil is trying to say is ...

Welcome to the cycling news forum - we appreciate new members and new opinions. Hi :)

And that you will often find existing threads that are good places to post your valued thoughts.

I am afraid this might have got lost in the translation ;)
ok, i'm sorry if i'm doing this wrong, but my first several posts were all met with "shut up, rookie" style posts in reply. where were you when i needed you?

is the forum doing this differently now? or am i just getting meta-pwned?
 
Fair comment - maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time you joined.

I just feel 'we' can be a bit harsh on new joiners - it all comes across a bit full on sometimes...and I am sure i have been rough on folk occasionally too - it's that email plain text communicaton thing.

I was just trying to be friendly - no offense meant.
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
180mmCrank said:
Fair comment - maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time you joined.

I just feel 'we' can be a bit harsh on new joiners - it all comes across a bit full on sometimes...and I am sure i have been rough on folk occasionally too - it's that email plain text communicaton thing.

I was just trying to be friendly - no offense meant.
none taken. such a diplomat. nice work, 180.
 
Apr 9, 2009
1,916
0
0
You're right, Cadel's only hope is to attack, attack, and attack some more. And hammer the ITT even harder than he did the first time. It really sucks to see him screwed so badly after that TTT (especially after such a great prologue), I've never been an Evans fan but I like to see good, tight racing. On the other hand, it was very very impressive to see Cadel attacking the main group of favorites on the final climb on Friday. Shows he's not willing to lay down and die and it's always good to see someone fight to the end, even if it may be hopeless. And in terms of my official predictions, I do think he's hopelessly screwed because he's got no chance of taking back that time on Contador. I do think he can drop Armstrong on the hills though, we shall see.
 
May 18, 2009
79
0
0
cadel must ride smart. his attack on stage 8 was doomed to failure, even if it did require some work bringing it back. he needs to take risks, but not be stupid. he really needs to get away with one of the other non-astana GC contenders, like a shleck or sastre, who he can despose of in the TT. This is best done on pretty much any of the alp stages. 16 or 20 look best, but some time can be taken on 15, 17 and probably 13.
Apart from that he needs to spare his team mates as much as possible and save his energy. ie let Astana do all the work
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
180mmCrank said:
Fair comment - maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time you joined.

I just feel 'we' can be a bit harsh on new joiners - it all comes across a bit full on sometimes...and I am sure i have been rough on folk occasionally too - it's that email plain text communicaton thing.

I was just trying to be friendly - no offense meant.
Well said "Crank"...
 
Mar 12, 2009
163
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Well said "Crank"...
yeah, i would agree with this too.....i'll try and roll out the welcome mat more. I suppose we need to bear in mind not only are there posters who's native tongue isn't English (like us Aussies :p) there are also a lot of keen youngsters too.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
ambrose said:
cadel must ride smart. his attack on stage 8 was doomed to failure, even if it did require some work bringing it back. he needs to take risks, but not be stupid. he really needs to get away with one of the other non-astana GC contenders, like a shleck or sastre, who he can despose of in the TT. This is best done on pretty much any of the alp stages. 16 or 20 look best, but some time can be taken on 15, 17 and probably 13.
Apart from that he needs to spare his team mates as much as possible and save his energy. ie let Astana do all the work
Totally agree. Guys like schleck or sastre on a course like Annecy will lose huge chunks of time to contador so they must work with each other to get siginificant amounts of time back to have a chance to win this tour.
 
Jul 12, 2009
61
1
0
Paulo_60 said:
Apart from changing teams mid-tour his only hopes are:
1. sit in with Astana and use Contador's domestiques and go when he goes and attack the crap out of him when they are alone
2. the next ITT.

I must say Cadel's loyalty to Silence Lotto is confusing. They have fed him empty promises and really haven't gathered a team worthy of supporting him.
I'd love to see how he would go at Clumbia or Garmin.
Don't get put off by members negative quotes. Sometimes new members will start a new thread, in a way to hi. I guess what you do not expect is the snarling teeth and rudeness of members replies.

Regarding Cadel, for me i have always disliked him and am glad I have not had to see too much of him this tour. This is just MY opinion.:)
 
Apr 27, 2009
54
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
Totally agree. Guys like schleck or sastre on a course like Annecy will lose huge chunks of time to contador so they must work with each other to get siginificant amounts of time back to have a chance to win this tour.
Totally agree. Unfortunately there appears to be too much abd blood between the schlecks, sastre and evans for any alliance to work. Cadel it appears can't win. He is going to be bagged if he attacks for attempting low odd moves or criticised if he does not try something. I think people need to keep in mind that Cadel is much better suited to the Pyrenees than the Alps. The two stages without radios could be worth a attempt for Evans - if and that is a big if he can get away.

Barring the ' stars aligning' (in Cadels words), maybe he could try to salvage his tour with a stage win - the ITT maybe.

Given the number of threads now dedicated to Cadel - I think we need an official thread!

Secondly, I would be interested to hear who Cadel should demand team management buy for next year. I have seen reports that Horner was set to sign with Lotto and ride the tour, after his non-selection at Astana...;)
 
Mar 18, 2009
981
0
0
TibetT said:
Totally agree. Unfortunately there appears to be too much abd blood between the schlecks, sastre and evans for any alliance to work. Cadel it appears can't win. He is going to be bagged if he attacks for attempting low odd moves or criticised if he does not try something. I think people need to keep in mind that Cadel is much better suited to the Pyrenees than the Alps. The two stages without radios could be worth a attempt for Evans - if and that is a big if he can get away.

Barring the ' stars aligning' (in Cadels words), maybe he could try to salvage his tour with a stage win - the ITT maybe.

Given the number of threads now dedicated to Cadel - I think we need an official thread!

Secondly, I would be interested to hear who Cadel should demand team management buy for next year. I have seen reports that Horner was set to sign with Lotto and ride the tour, after his non-selection at Astana...;)
I don't think that the ITT is going to win Evans the tour....if Contador hadn't improved his TT'ing then I would rate it a chance for Evans...I think he has to keep trying anything he can, and his mantra needs to be, this is a race, not a popularity contest....cause whatever he does, he is going **** someone off.

He is not going to find allies in the field, even if he is an outside chance, as someone pointed out, could you imagine the atmosphere on the team bus if you helped (even if that wasn't your plan) put someone like Evans back into full on contention for the yellow?!!! :eek:
 
Apr 27, 2009
54
0
0
Gotta give Cadel kudos for trying ... at least it has made the first week interesting. On the ITT - Cadel has absolutely nothing to lose and a man with nothing to lose and everything to gain is very dangerous. The ITT weill not win him the tour this year, or even a podium spot - but he might be able to win the stage. After all with nothing to lose he can afford to take some massive risks in the ITT.

Agree he will find not allies on the road. Astana is far to 'in control' for that. LA is the boss (regardless of personal opinions).
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,645
2
0
Paulo_60 said:
1. sit in with Astana and use Contador's domestiques and go when he goes and attack the crap out of him when they are alone
yeah right... in case people haven't noticed. Evans could never outclimb Contador, and if he does have a day where he beats contador he certanily wouldn't get 3 mins on conta

Paulo_60 said:
2. the next ITT.
evans and conta are basically on par in the itt

Conclusion: Evans has no hope :) get over it ! :D
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
180mmCrank said:
Fair comment - maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time you joined.

I just feel 'we' can be a bit harsh on new joiners - it all comes across a bit full on sometimes...and I am sure i have been rough on folk occasionally too - it's that email plain text communicaton thing.

I was just trying to be friendly - no offense meant.
it is interesting how post count is interpreted around here... when someone posts for the first time an assumption is made that this is there first tour and they have only just started getting interested in cycling..

50-100 posts means theyve watched the last couple of tours, and the odd giro...

by 200 posts youve seen a few classics and have heard of a rider pre 1999

by 500 youve watched every tour for 30 years and all the classics and can real of a few world champions...

me.. im a fraud,. i only got into cycling when i heard lance armstrong was making a comeback.. :D
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah right... in case people haven't noticed. Evans could never outclimb Contador, and if he does have a day where he beats contador he certanily wouldn't get 3 mins on conta
Unless Contador bonks as he did in Paris-Nice. But I agree, very unlikely and Cadel would still need significant time on Armstrong, Schleck(s) etc. The TTT really didn't do him any favors this year... :(

I am really interested to see how Armstrong responds to the attacks in the Alps. I hope he cracks... but who knows?!
 
180mmCrank said:
Fair comment - maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time you joined.

I just feel 'we' can be a bit harsh on new joiners - it all comes across a bit full on sometimes...and I am sure i have been rough on folk occasionally too - it's that email plain text communicaton thing.

I was just trying to be friendly - no offense meant.
Where is Paolo_60 anyway? Is he/She an old member at a friend's house?
 
Jul 14, 2009
744
0
0
I really don't think Cadel even has a chance. Obviously, he won't be outclimbing any of the leaders, and he isn't a stronger TTer than Armstrong Leipheimer or Contador. Not to mention he's already three minutes back. His little attempt to impersonate Floyd Landis showed he's just not a smart enough rider to win this Tour, or even make the podium.

O and about the post count :), I've been watching cycling for 10 years now (not that old) and I have like 5 posts. This has been my favorite cycling site for a while and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that I realized it had forums.
 
Apr 29, 2009
428
0
0
ericthesportsman6 said:
he's just not a smart enough rider to win this Tour, or even make the podium.

I've been watching cycling for 10 years now (not that old) and I have like 5 posts. This has been my favorite cycling site for a while and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that I realized it had forums.
And you are saying Cadel isn't smart enough... that obviously means alot coming from you. I hope you remember how to submit your next post!:D
 
Escarabajo said:
Where is Paolo_60 anyway? Is he/She an old member at a friend's house?
OK. Where is Paolo_60? Is he real new member or an old member posting from a girlfriend's house?

As por the post count. I have just below the 500 and I have watched the tour for the last 26 years. Fair enough.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BlueRoads Professional Road Racing 34

ASK THE COMMUNITY