Caffeine bombshell

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BroDeal said:
It does not surprise me that Chunky here would be familiar with modafinil. From the Wikipedia page:

"Some of the positive effects of modafinil may be limited to "lower-performing" individuals or to the individuals with lower IQ."

You cannot make this stuff up.

I had to check to see if that was "legit" (as Wiki can be). You definitely cannot make this stuff up... All the pieces are fitting together now.

Posts 56-61... :D

Hugh Januss said:
It's almost mindboggling, isn't it? The effort some people will put into being assholes.

No kidding. I mean, I get that it can be a little fun to poke the bear once and a while, stir the sh*t. But to always make it about one's self, and over and over again, now that's just boring and wacked behaviour. Me thinks this fellow has a personality disorder (in conjunction to living in his mother's basement and doing terrible things while watching anime :eek:)

Feb 24, 2010
Ferminal said:
I had to check to see if that was "legit" (as Wiki can be). You definitely cannot make this stuff up... All the pieces are fitting together now.

Posts 56-61... :D

Prodigy is right that it's refering to its benefits as a 'smart drug'. Not sport. It has different off label uses. It was made to treat narcolepsy.

Feb 24, 2010
Ripper said:
No kidding. I mean, I get that it can be a little fun to poke the bear once and a while, stir the sh*t. But to always make it about one's self, and over and over again, now that's just boring and wacked behaviour.

Can you show me the posts where this individual makes it about themselves? If you read this thread and the Armstrong thread, this individual seems to have stuck to the issue despite lots of offtopic trolling against them by others.

I don't know why you guys like all this off topic stuff. If you're not interested in talking about caffeine, don't talk about it. Not interested in anything to do with Armstrong, don't post in the Armstrong thread.

What bother stirring up lots of trouble and talking about an individual user for no apparent reason? Get a life, guys.

Ripper said:
No kidding. I mean, I get that it can be a little fun to poke the bear once and a while, stir the sh*t. But to always make it about one's self, and over and over again, now that's just boring and wacked behaviour. Me thinks this fellow has a personality disorder (in conjunction to living in his mother's basement and doing terrible things while watching anime :eek:)

Like I was saying, this one is a nutter, and likes the boring repetition of troll ... banned ... troll ... banned ...

Ripper said:
Like I was saying, this one is a nutter, and likes the boring repetition of troll ... banned ... troll ... banned ...

Or else he has an IQ in the low 80's and he thinks that he is being clever and mysterious and that it is actually a challenge for everyone to guess that it is him again.

Hugh Januss said:
Or else he has an IQ in the low 80's and he thinks that he is being clever and mysterious and that it is actually a challenge for everyone to guess that it is him again.

With a bit of a persicution complex, so he thinks he is so hard done by, and needs to explain himself to the masses. Thinking of this on a rational level (briefly!), why would you try to argue you are not a troll on a repeated basis, over and over again? Why would you care to try and convince people on a forum that you are not a troll? Are they your only potential friends? Yipes!! :eek:

Feb 24, 2010
The Prodigal Son said:
Can you show me the posts where this individual makes it about themselves? If you read this thread and the Armstrong thread, this individual seems to have stuck to the issue despite lots of offtopic trolling against them by others.

I don't know why you guys like all this off topic stuff. If you're not interested in talking about caffeine, don't talk about it. Not interested in anything to do with Armstrong, don't post in the Armstrong thread.

WhY bother stirring up lots of trouble and talking about an individual user for no apparent reason? Get a life, guys.

And there will be no answers from Ripper.

There never is.

Feb 24, 2010
The guy you are talking about hadn't posted anything since 2009, almost two months ago, until his Prodigy account, so aren't you being a little unfair?

It seems like you need him more than he needs you. He turns up and then suddenly you turn whole threads into conversations about him. It must have been a long and boring seven weeks, huh?

Ripper said:
With a bit of a persicution complex, so he thinks he is so hard done by, and needs to explain himself to the masses. Thinking of this on a rational level (briefly!), why would you try to argue you are not a troll on a repeated basis, over and over again? Why would you care to try and convince people on a forum that you are not a troll? Are they your only potential friends? Yipes!! :eek:

It's that whole lack of a life thing, the getting off on only trolling in a place and always talking about one's self. No one likes him and he keeps coming back for more ... and the kicker is that it is a forum, on the internet. He could go anywhere. He could have real friends. But finding entertainment with PD posts with the same boring vibe is just loserly.

Ripper said:
It's that whole lack of a life thing, the getting off on only trolling in a place and always talking about one's self. No one likes him and he keeps coming back for more ... and the kicker is that it is a forum, on the internet. He could go anywhere. He could have real friends. But finding entertainment with PD posts with the same boring vibe is just loserly.

Each time he goes to bed at night he must get a new identity implanted. I'm not sure how you can convince yourself that you're not actually the person you were the day before. Quite disheartening for the human race really, and I think 80 sounds about right.

Feb 24, 2010
Ripper said:
It's that whole lack of a life thing, the getting off on only trolling in a place and always talking about one's self.

It's ironic because that itself is repetitive trolling. You know the threads show that everybody else talks about me. Like you are doing now. You don't want to talk about the subject. But you saw me point that out, think it annoys me, so have repeated it.

That's trolling, friend.

No one likes him and he keeps coming back for more ... and the kicker is that it is a forum, on the internet. He could go anywhere. He could have real friends. But finding entertainment with PD posts with the same boring vibe is just loserly.

Oh dear...two months away from this forum.....proves you wrong...

Calling me friend does not really provoke me, but it kinda makes me chuckle. You are trolling, and just a bit weird. I generally ignore you, but I just think it is too funny tonight. You are pretty childish in your behaviours :p

And we know you been here again and again. Even the mods note the IP is the same. So, it has not been 2 months. At the most, it's a few hours.

Feb 24, 2010
Ripper said:
Calling me friend does not really provoke me

It wasn't supposed to. I was pointing out that you were trolling. You're the guy who went off topic and wants to talk about me. 'Friend' is a term of expression to make the point.

You are trolling, and just a bit weird. I generally ignore you, but I just think it is too funny tonight. You are pretty childish in your behaviours :p

Okay, can you cite a post where I have been trolling and childish? It should be easy enough? I have asked you several times?

And we know you been here again and again. Even the mods note the IP is the same. So, it has not been 2 months. At the most, it's a few hours.

No, the mods connected the IP address from the Prodigy account to a bunch of accounts from last year. There has been no posting since 2009, which they will confirm.

It is remarkable, isn't it. Read this thread. Who went off topic and started trolling? Read the Armstrong thread. Who went off topic and started trolling?

But here you are saying I am trolling, without a shred of evidence to support it.

You can see how wars start. You see a few people saying something and you pile in behind them without checking your facts. I'd seriously be embarrassed if I was you and some of the others here.

Aug 13, 2009
The Prodigal Son said:
It wasn't supposed to. I was pointing out that you were trolling. You're the guy who went off topic and wants to talk about me. 'Friend' is a term of expression to make the point.

Okay, can you cite a post where I have been trolling and childish? It should be easy enough? I have asked you several times?

No, the mods connected the IP address from the Prodigy account to a bunch of accounts from last year. There has been no posting since 2009, which they will confirm.

It is remarkable, isn't it. Read this thread. Who went off topic and started trolling? Read the Armstrong thread. Who went off topic and started trolling?

But here you are saying I am trolling, without a shred of evidence to support it.

You can see how wars start. You see a few people saying something and you pile in behind them without checking your facts. I'd seriously be embarrassed if I was you and some of the others here.

Who made ridiculous, unsupportable claims in a desperate attempt for attention?

Who has been banned close to 20 times for Trolling?

Feb 24, 2010
As I say, they never do answer the question...just one post....but no, they never can....

Ripper said:
I just think you should be seriously embaressed :p

Have a great night (or day) PS. Good luck, and remember to get a life that involves real people.

And get out of that basement! :D

To be fair, I don't think you're one of the malicious ones. Half of you are not. You're just easily led. You read a thread where lots of people are saying "burn the witch", and you just believed their must be a witch. You haven't actually looked into it yourself - never checked the threads to see who is going off topic and who is trolling - but take it on trust.

That's the way of things in this world. Anyone who wants to make their own mind up, the threads are all there waiting, in black and white.

The Prodigal Son said:
As I say, they never do answer the question...just one post....but no, they never can....

To be fair, I don't think you're one of the malicious ones. Half of you are not. You're just easily led. You read a thread where lots of people are saying "burn the witch", and you just believed their must be a witch. You haven't actually looked into it yourself - never checked the threads to see who is going off topic and who is trolling - but take it on trust.

That's the way of things in this world. Anyone who wants to make their own mind up, the threads are all there waiting, in black and white.

Anyone who makes 50 posts in a couple of hours is a witch.

Oct 8, 2009
Prodigy said:
No they're actually quite good on health matters.

Can I just say as a health professional that the Daily Mail are utter pants on health matters. There is nothing that makes my hackles rise quicker than someone turning up in my clinics clutching a piece of poorly reported, unpublished 'research' in their sweaty mitt.
The stuff they did on the MMR was nothing short of scandalous. If you want more information, go here :www.badscience.net

:mad:

JessyBurke said:
Not entirely true. Max intake of cups per day is 3 cups. But just like everything else, too much of anything can be dangerous.

The OP of this thread has been banned (again) so the thread is no longer about caffeine it is about redheads, please stay on topic.

Edit: Actually if your avatar is a pic of yourself it would seem that you are very much on topic. Welcome:)