• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cameron Meyer to take 13+ seconds on Chris Horner in TT & win Tirreno-Adriatico!!!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
So predictions fly thick and fast here also ? Cameron was predicted to lose a minute on the first climb and luckily for the proposer they didn't add more ! What happened to Cuddles since all i see is the end result of 10+mins lost ?

Didn't want to start a " Clinic " Thread about Horny but i seem to recall a lot of braying about the cause of his embolisms , but nothing there this week ? Since i am using meds for mine , i guess he has the appropriate permissions from UCIless to be using " control meds " to avoid a repetition . One thing is certain and that is , he will want to have thinnish blood , so as to avoid complications

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
cup-of-lol.gif

Meyer won't be able to hold on tomorrow though. I will use an Cameron Meyer avatar till the end of April if Meyer ends in the top10 or doesn't lose time to Horner tomorrow.

Have you started looking for Cam Meyer Pictures?

Libertine Seguros said:
Apart from his close family and friends, was anybody a Froome "fan" before the Vuelta? Sure he was a guy who people liked, but not somebody who anybody was truly a "fan" of in the sense of totally rooting for the guy, because he was an almost total irrelevance until Stage 9 of the Vuelta.

He was more a guy who would elicit a reaction of "oh, good stage from Froome, hope he can win it from here" as he manages to get into a decent-looking break, rather than "COME ON FROOMEY!" as he drops GT contenders left and right.

That's the same with most riders. they only get the support when they become contenders or hard loyal domestiques or attacking riders with balls. The last 2 takes long to achieve. the former doesn't. froome has now become that and due to his top personality and vuelta heroics has gained many fans.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Apart from his close family and friends, was anybody a Froome "fan" before the Vuelta? Sure he was a guy who people liked, but not somebody who anybody was truly a "fan" of in the sense of totally rooting for the guy, because he was an almost total irrelevance until Stage 9 of the Vuelta.

He was more a guy who would elicit a reaction of "oh, good stage from Froome, hope he can win it from here" as he manages to get into a decent-looking break, rather than "COME ON FROOMEY!" as he drops GT contenders left and right.

I was a fan before the Vuelta, but purely because of the African / UK link

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Talking about Froome...is he racing Catalunya? And is he recovered from his chest infection? I really have high hopes for him this year and so far it's been a rocky start to the season with his bad luck.

Mick Rogers has replaced him for Catalunya. He's now scheduled to ride the Criterium International instead. Not much info has been released other than it was/is a chest infection.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Meyer has done well so far, but I am still not convinced that he will become 'the next Cadel Evans' and start competing with the best.

I like Cam Meyer.He is my favorite of all the young aussie's even if he doesn't have the ultimate Physical potential of a Bobridge or Durbridge.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't there recently a press release about Meyer no longer in doing the Team Pursuit in London?

If so we'll probably see some steady progress of his climbing and consequently his stage race performances.

There's a piece on the CN homepage that explains how Durbridge has lost his track speed due to all his road work.

Same thing would apply to Cam it seems.

simo1733 said:
I like Cam Meyer.He is my favorite of all the young aussie's even if he doesn't have the ultimate Physical potential of a Bobridge or Durbridge.
Meyer has been pretty under-rated on the road so far in his career, as JV used him solely for domestique work except for the TDU. Now that he is at Greenedge where there isn't so much stage racing talent he will have a chance to show what he can really do.

Expect both him and Bobridge to show far more than they ever did at Garmin, simply because they won't have to tow Tyler Farrar around everywhere anymore.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
Is Bobridge still out of competition because of what put him out of the Tour Down Under I think?

No. He was out of TdU after hurting his shoulder being blown off his bike at the Aust ITT nationals. He won gold (with Cam Meyer) in the teams pursuit 4 weeks ago at the London Track World Cup. He's likely stayed on a full track programme through to the Melbourne World Cup.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Meyer didn't race the London World Cup.

Lineup was Bobridge, Hepburn, Edmondson, Dennis.

Last track even he did was the Berlin 6 Day with Leigh Howard.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
unsheath said:
Meyer didn't race the London World Cup.

Lineup was Bobridge, Hepburn, Edmondson, Dennis.

Last track even he did was the Berlin 6 Day with Leigh Howard.

Yep, for some reason I thought he did ride London, must have mixed it up somewhere

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
unsheath said:
Wasn't there recently a press release about Meyer no longer in doing the Team Pursuit in London?

If so we'll probably see some steady progress of his climbing and consequently his stage race performances.

There's a piece on the CN homepage that explains how Durbridge has lost his track speed due to all his road work.

Same thing would apply to Cam it seems.
Dont think that there has been a press release about it (though i havent read everything) but it seems like the top4 aussie TP guys are already decided as Bobridge, Edmonson, Hepburn, Dennis with one reserve being needed, but i dont think guys like Durbridge or Meyer would want to settle for a reserve place, so i doubt they will go. Thats why Durbridge has moved back on to the road though I read recently Meyer is still hoping to do the olympics as he is the champion in the points race (though its been taken out) He would be a very good bet for the omnium, though would struggle in the shorter disciplines, so he could possibly get picked as 5th man and go for the omnium because I havent seen any australian men so far going for the omnium. Of course it would be better for him to go for the road but for guys like meyer this a once in a lifetime opportunity which means much more back in his homeland than road does (winning a gold medal vs coming 10th in TA) so he may very well stick.