• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can I wear a former team's skinsuit?

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on racing next weekend for the first time in two years in our state's TT Championship. The only skinsuit I have is from a team that I raced on two years ago.

Is it okay to still wear that skinsuit which has the team logos on it for next week's race even though I don't race for them currently?

May 9, 2009
Visit site
http://www.usacycling.org/forms/RdTrkCx_rulebook.pdf

1L4. Club Jerseys. In competition, no rider shall wear the emblem, inscription, or uniform of any club or team which the rider is not eligible to represent [Offending rider may not be permitted to start if noted before the race; otherwise, warning for first offense].

Looks like you can take your chances. Or ask the team if they will consider you "eligible to represent" them in this race.

Presuming this is a USAC/USCF race, the answer will be no. You might however consider:

1. Ask race officials just before the race. Tell them it's all you have, and you're happy to cover the skinsuit before the race with another shirt, and take it off right after.

2. Wear a blank t-shirt over it until 2 minutes before your start time. Take it off and ride with the skinsuit. Put the t-shirt back on right after you finish. If anyone says anything, apologize. As the old saying goes, better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
The rules that people posted are correct. Another thing you should consider is if you get a result. The race official will fold like a cheap chair when the 50 angry, not so fast other racers demand that you be DQ'd. Whatever you do DO NOT let the officials know that you intend to bend the rules before you start. Just do it and if you place hope that nobody notices

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
The rules that people posted are correct. Another thing you should consider is if you get a result. The race official will fold like a cheap chair when the 50 angry, not so fast other racers demand that you be DQ'd. Whatever you do DO NOT let the officials know that you intend to bend the rules before you start. Just do it and if you place hope that nobody notices

These types are the true definition of losers.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
dudemandude said:
I'm planning on racing next weekend for the first time in two years in our state's TT Championship. The only skinsuit I have is from a team that I raced on two years ago.

Is it okay to still wear that skinsuit which has the team logos on it for next week's race even though I don't race for them currently?
Yes Floyd, wear what you want.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
In Australia they publish pictures of the allowed "trade" uniforms each year for UCI stuff. Of course in Vets which is IBF you can wear anything

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
This is for Floyd..Lots of people said there would be no protest..sorry..you should probably read CN more often.. PS pin your number on better brother..you still gave a girlfriend don't you?

TRENDING THREADS