• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can Levi Win the Tour de France

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
benpounder said:
Andrew Hood makes the interesting point that: "Perhaps more than anyone beyond Schleck, Leipheimer has been the rider who’s come closest to derailing Contador over the past few seasons. "

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/06/news/leipheimer-defends-racing-style-on-eve-of-tour_180628

Don't know how relevant results from 3+ years ago are going to be in this year's Tour.

This was kinda sloppy - "In 2007, Leipheimer came within 31 seconds of winning what was Contador’s first victory when he won the final stage"

Klöden will finish ahead of Retirement Shack's bald wonders anyway.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Don't know how relevant results from 3+ years ago are going to be in this year's Tour.
Probably not much, as AC has only gotten stronger. Yet it is interesting that in all of AC's GT wins, the closest have been Evans @ +0.23 (07 TdF), Levi @ +0.31 (07 TdF), Schleck @ +0.39 (10 TdF), Levi @ +0.46 (08 Vuelta), Ricco @ +1.57 (08 Giro), and Menchov @ +2.01 (10 TdF). (And yes both of those were as AC's teammate.*)

This was kinda sloppy - "In 2007, Leipheimer came within 31 seconds of winning what was Contador’s first victory when he won the final stage"
With out a doubt. And it isn't just the bolded part - as written, sounds like Contador won the "final stage."

Klöden will finish ahead of Retirement Shack's bald wonders anyway.
That is a possibility. I suspect RS will take out the Team GC with three in the top 20. *As noted above, Levi rides much stronger (better results) when riding in support of another. With Kloden, Horner, and Janez all in form, and no one designated leader, I'm thinking Levi will ride one of his best GTs.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'll also add that I think Contador, Schleck, Sanchez and Gesink are going to destroy the peloton in the mountains. I just dont think Schleck, Sanchez nor Gesink can match Contador, and will likely put themselves into the red trying to. Which is why I think a Leipheimer, or Kloden, or Van Den Broeck, or Horner, or Evans can podium.