• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can Swift challenge for a GT podium in the future?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

what can swift do in grand tours in 4 years or so?

• Nothing, let him focus on sprinting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jspear said:
Lol!!Completely messed up there. Stupid me. :D I was confused at first...I'm looking at your post thinking I didn't say that. :eek:

Sure, course you did... Don't be so modest you did a good ride yesterday. Best rest up now for eh. What the hell's a Manassas anyway? Could've made up a more convincing place :p

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
He's got a far better early palmares for GT's than the two Sky riders who will end up winning a GT.

You mean DekkerT and VinoAE rode with Sky? When and where? :eek:
Anyway, to the point where you are wrong for sure: Both of them have the same GT record as no-Contract-Horner had in their age: Zero. Zilch.

So they are both on perfect schedule to win their GTs at age 45, battling it out vs 60+ Chris.

P.S.: How old will Swift be by then? Enough time for him to transform? Could be an awesome 4-men-battle. I see it coming...

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
icefire said:
He'll get the leftovers of Quintana, Aru and Kelderman

That`s pretty much the way i am reading it. There is no doubt about it Swift has improved but the likes of Quintana, Aru and Kelderman will mug him on the climbs and nick his lunch money.

TRENDING THREADS