• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can Swift challenge for a GT podium in the future?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

what can swift do in grand tours in 4 years or so?

• Nothing, let him focus on sprinting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jspear said:
Lol!!Completely messed up there. Stupid me. :D I was confused at first...I'm looking at your post thinking I didn't say that. :eek:

Sure, course you did... Don't be so modest you did a good ride yesterday. Best rest up now for eh. What the hell's a Manassas anyway? Could've made up a more convincing place :p

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
He's got a far better early palmares for GT's than the two Sky riders who will end up winning a GT.

You mean DekkerT and VinoAE rode with Sky? When and where? :eek:
Anyway, to the point where you are wrong for sure: Both of them have the same GT record as no-Contract-Horner had in their age: Zero. Zilch.

So they are both on perfect schedule to win their GTs at age 45, battling it out vs 60+ Chris.

P.S.: How old will Swift be by then? Enough time for him to transform? Could be an awesome 4-men-battle. I see it coming...

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
icefire said:
He'll get the leftovers of Quintana, Aru and Kelderman

That`s pretty much the way i am reading it. There is no doubt about it Swift has improved but the likes of Quintana, Aru and Kelderman will mug him on the climbs and nick his lunch money.