• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canadian WT Races: GP de Quebec (9/9) and GP de Montreal (11/9)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
cadel_evans_bmc_racing_team_wins_giro_mud_gravel.jpg

talking about lame celebrations.

Caption this.

Cadel post-race: "I closed my eyes and tried to think of some winning salute, and the only one that came to mind was Pistelero. But I can't even do that right."

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
We'll see about that.
:D
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You are actually proud of that? That's when Evans wheelsucked almost the entire climb to a 21 year-old Gesink.. only sprinted the last 150m
Everybody agreed back then it was lame.
Age is irrelevant. You are including his age in your argument just evoke sympathy for Gesink. Take the emotional crap away. Anyway, Lotto were riding for Popo tog et a good gc result. Evans had already been riding on the front and he only 'wheelsucked' because it was in the interests of the team to not have Evans pace Gesink up Ventoux which would of not helped Popo's chances at the overall victory. This is why he didn't take a turn on the front and simply sprinted around Gesink. Watch the footage. Evans did actually do some work for Popo on the front. I guess because most people agreed it was lame means it must be lame:rolleyes:

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I was about to ask the same thing.

And don't be like, Ardennes > canada races. We all know that. But it had a strong field, strong riders trying to win and a difficult parcours.

I mean off the top of my head -trying to play the ball- I don't see how recent victors of FW, who merely sprint uphill for the last km could be a better victory... Not the caliber of the victory, but the manner in how it was won.

I wonder, is there a single user -if so speak up please- on this forum, thinks if Evans won like that last year, that ACF wouldn't be calling it impressive?
No. I would not over sell it. IN the manner of how Gesink won it was top quality but the calibre of the win in Fleche is much higher.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Don't worry, I think it's ACF's time of the month again ;)

We'll see who's laughing tommorow afternoon at 5pm when the Magpies beat the crap out of the eagles by 20 goals. :)

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Evans was far behind in the GC of Paris Nice 2008. He was no factor there

Precisely which was why it was nothing wrong with Evans letting Gesink set the pace as Evans could get the stage and it was in Gesink's interests to set the pace.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I find it funny that I made one comment about Gesink's salute yet the Dutch posters need to jump all over me to defend their hero by posting pictures of Evans bagging him. I am not the only defensive fanboy out there.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Play the ball and prepare for it to bounce back. Nothing to do with fanboying, when you post something stupid out of the blue dont be mad when the ball gets bounced back. :')

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
Play the ball and prepare for it to bounce back. Nothing to do with fanboying, when you post something stupid out of the blue dont be mad when the ball gets bounced back. :')

I think his victory salute is lame. Not stupid. My opinion.

Lets move back onto topic. I think that would be wise.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Havetts said:

Are you talking about THE ball as in LA's ball?

auscyclefan94 said:
I think his victory salute is lame. Not stupid. My opinion.

Lets move back onto topic. I think that would be wise.
Haha, come on, be real. If you post something about a victory salute as Evans fan then you are surely not suprised you get it right back at ya

Surely you should have seen this coming miles away and not complain about it. The minute you post that you know you are getting the ball back...

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Haha, come on, be real. If you post something about a victory salute as Evans fan then you are surely not suprised you get it right back at ya

Surely you should have seen this coming miles away and not complain about it. The minute you post that you know you are getting the ball back...
Shut up about Evans already! He's not even in this race.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I know ;). I was being stupid but lets not forget who brought up Cadel.

A side note to this discussion, why is there ever no support from the ACF Mafia on such debates. They seem to all go missing when ACF needs backup!:mad:

It's nice to be back on this forum after a long vacation. ACF and the Dutchies have made me feel right at home with their age-old banter. :)

Regarding the races, I'd love for Gesink to repeat last year's feat but I wouldn't put my money on it. After a lackluster year and an underwhelming race in the States I think EBH is the best bet for both Canadian races. Notwithstanding, it will be a very interesting affair and it cannot start soon enough for me.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Gerro is the pick for me. Best form of the favourites. EBH might be suffering little as Gilbert with his form, clearly at Plouay giving example. Uran should be good bet too, preparing for Lombardia for him I guess. Will be very excting racing .

auscyclefan94 said:
A side note to this discussion, why is there ever no support from the ACF Mafia on such debates. They seem to all go missing when ACF needs backup!:mad:
If you ignore or fail to back up your arguments who is going to come and defend you? :rolleyes:

Hint: see my previous post
PS: Add the Canadian mafia to your list

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

If you argued something that was defensible then I am sure people would help you defend it.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Geez, some people take me too seriously sometimes. They don't understand when I am being sarcastic suh as making the comment about the ACF mafia.

On such an issue like thinking a salute looks good or not, it is merely just taste. No factual or statisitcal evidence will back up such a debate for either side.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Geez, some people take me too seriously sometimes. They don't understand when I am being sarcastic suh as making the comment about the ACF mafia.

On such an issue like thinking a salute looks good or not, it is merely just taste. No factual or statisitcal evidence will back up such a debate for either side.

Does that mean you think my last post was serious?

TRENDING THREADS