• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancellara

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Originally Posted by Hematide
Cancellara Denies Fuentes Ties

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...es-ties_274314

Cancellara said that he tries to remain “unaffected,” despite his name being mentioned.

“Somehow it affects me, but just because it makes me angry that something like that came out. That bothers me the most,” said Cancellara. “There’s so many names. It’s like with Alberto [Contador], they say AC is Alberto Contador. [Prosecutors cleared Contador of involvement in the case. –Ed.] In the end, it’s definitely not my problem.”

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Great defense there, Cancellara. :)

"We (me & AC) like our credibility. Tugboat just has sour grapes."

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I am talking 1999.

Two bets, huge gains.

Those were not bets. That was a careful business decision, the type that requires quite a bit of thinking to pull off. For Hein it was a very good decision. Hell we may not be able to get rid of him even with the info we have, never mind touch the cash he made or the companies he established. What about the heat? Well, these type of greedy old men are like teflon. Nothing sticks. Sleeps well at night. Back at the office on Monday.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Those were not bets.
You were under the impression I suggested it were bets?

Kill the king, long live the king. That kinda stuff still works for the foolish public, they only want bread and games, 2000 years of 'civilization' and ceasar Hein still rules the plebeians.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Strange that Canc had to go to Spain for his BBs. I would've thought he was a Ferarri client being a Swiss rider.

Still not surprised. those wins where he rode away were truly doped.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo said:
Remember when he did not do the 2008 worlds because he was afraid of getting popped for cera? Or was he really just suffering from "mental fatigue". If there were ever a year he could have won the RR or even taken the double it was 2008. But we are supposed to believe he just wasn't pysched up enough for it. **** you luigi.

You should remember that he won the olympic timetrial and was second in the olympic road race. The same race where poeple were caught with cera. So there was serious testing for cera. So i guess he didn't use cera.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyone, with such direct connect or even direct rumor needs to speak up and put it down as it is if they are truly innocent, not start what we all know as the default lame defense of the past that has only bit them in the rear BIG time. So far its all about word vs word, and the word putting him at bay is so far pretty darn good, versus his.

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Mr Cancellara it's so simple: just ask for the complete naming in the fuentes case and you are home free with the fans.

that is of course if you are as innocence as you say

olimpic said:
Mr Cancellara it's so simple: just ask for the complete naming in the fuentes case and you are home free with the fans.

that is of course if you are as innocence as you say

Nah, he'd just say that he needs not know which dopers he all beat to his great victories. And sacrificing peace of dozens or hundreds of fellow riders just to get his own barely disputed innocence re-affirmed....

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo said:
Remember when he did not do the 2008 worlds because he was afraid of getting popped for cera? Or was he really just suffering from "mental fatigue". If there were ever a year he could have won the RR or even taken the double it was 2008. But we are supposed to believe he just wasn't pysched up enough for it. **** you luigi.

He trashed everyone at the Olympics in 2008 on a course he should never have been able to compete on, RR or TT. And Cera testing was already in full swing - that's where they got Rebellin and they'd already got Ricco & Piepoli at the Tour. Had they got Sella by then? Seem to remember it was a OOC in July/August.

will10 said:
He trashed everyone at the Olympics in 2008 on a course he should never have been able to compete on, RR or TT. And Cera testing was already in full swing - that's where they got Rebellin and they'd already got Ricco & Piepoli at the Tour. Had they got Sella by then? Seem to remember it was a OOC in July/August.

CSC had three in the top five right?

Surely those 2008 Tour rumours were correct, it fits.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Alpechraxler said:
And i agree with cancellara that we should turn the page and get on and bust those on the new stuff these days...

How about we sit down and go through the book and find out what Canc did or didn't do if you believe in miralces and then move on? Otherwise Canc is hiding his doping.

TRENDING THREADS