• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cannot Read Articles Despite Having PAID

laura.weislo

Administrator
Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I read the article titled "Can't Read Articles Despite Having PAID" which I paid for, but I cannot read it. It is still alerting me of content updates. I have tried clearing my browser's cache and cookie history, as well as restarting my phone - all to no avail. It appears that there is a problem with how this particular app works on my device. Must know how to fix your exam error with this wonderful. Dissertation Guru
Please direct questions regarding your Cyclingnews digital subscription to +44 (0) 330 333 1125 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (UK time), or email contact@magazinesdirect.com

Reactions: Wyndbrook
Honestly, the way I see it, there are basically three ways of having paywall content.

1: The best way. What VeloNews does; certain articles are clearly marked as being for paying readers only.

2: The middle ground. What CyclingTips does; it's possible to leave an article without having it count as using one of your free articles. It actually resets! (Though, I guess the ideal would be if the "You have [X number] articles left this month" appeared all the time.)

3: The worst way. What Cyclingnews does; accidentally clicking a link counts as a read article, and it doesn't necessarily reset.