• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can't Win for Losing - LOL @ post-dope life

When I said that it's impossible to escape my doping past, I didn't mean it this literally:

http://joepapp.blogspot.com/2009/10/pappillon-does-not-encourage-sale-of.html

If that doesn't make you stop and laugh, then I don't know what will. I can see the headline now: "Convicted Cheat Still Connects to World of Dope"! :p

I thought it riotous that by trying to clear the air or defend my somewhat rehabilitated reputation, I opened a floodgate for more of the same drama... Thank good for screen caps b/c you wouldn't believe me if I told you this story instead of showing it...

So, at least there is one thing connected to doping worth laughing about, I mean, besides the audacity of VDB (RIP) saying his dope stash was for his dog, and Anthony Pope's Plastic Peloton People response:

35949021.jpg

Original Twitpic link: http://twitpic.com/leifx

I am really bummed out about VDB still. But...what to do/say, other than report on the truth - that doping will f'up your life in more ways than one.

Beech Mtn said:
Yep, your blog is covered in ads now. Even ones that review and compare different brands/treatments/doctors. How helpful.

Does anyone know if you can negotiate with Google to prevent their serving up ads that are so obviously in conflict with a site's overall editorial content or message?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Joe, not sure whether you are Google Adsense or Google Ad Manager, but there are forums for both. Do a search for the forums, and you can probably get some kind of answer there. This problem has to have come up for people before, since Google places ads based on the keywords it picks up in your blog. There has to be some way around this.

joe_papp said:
Does anyone know if you can negotiate with Google to prevent their serving up ads that are so obviously in conflict with a site's overall editorial content or message?

You can block individual ads from your Ad Sense account I think. You need the URL though, can't block a whole group of them in one hit.

TRENDING THREADS