• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlton Kirby 'flamme rouge' doping speculation poll

How does Carlton Kirby prepare mentally to announce cycling races, entering the final 1000 meters ?

• PCP

• Crack cocaine

• Flakka

• Methamphetamine

• 'Roid Rage

• Bath Salts

• Pot Belge

• Pot of English tea (caffeine only)

• Kirby is 'cleans'

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey, hey!
My man Carlton Kirby does not dabble in any drug other than the natural endorphins excreted when calling the end of a bike race.
Do not think otherwise.
He may have a few glasses of vino while filling dead air 100 km's from the finish, but his finishing call is the best.

Hey, hey! What the hell is going on here?
I can't go away for more than a month before someone starts dumping on my man, Carlton Kirby.
Aside from imbibing from time to time, I submit that my man is on a steady diet of Allan Lim rice cakes that inspire witty drollery and a penchant to ramp things up at the appropriate time.
He has never tested positive, so he's cleans in my eyes. He's pure as the driven snow.
Enough of this.

This poll is an outrage.

The Kirbster is high on life!
Just like some people pretend that riders are on the up and up and are clean as the driven snow, I want to reiterate the fact my man Carlton Kirby has never tested positive and enjoy his masterful play on words. Who cares if he drinks wine at the end of the day?
The man is a wordsmith and a treat to listen to. I'm glad his bosses recognize this and refuse to bow to the braying hounds who want to put him to pasture. He can keep a metaphor going for as long as a Tadej breakaway.

pelotonIQ: I hope you're right.
Did you hear my man Carlton Kirby's call during the crescendo of today's stage 1 Catalunya? It was marvelous. The guy is a master wordsmith who can mix metaphors with thrilling commentary at the same time.
My point being here is if your theory is correct, CK will have time between calling thrilling finishes to bike races with getting a leg over with a lover who churns out future CK's for future generations to enjoy.
It's a win-win!

I can’t get my wife to follow cycling but she loves Carlton Kirby highlight videos. I dreamed of being a professional announcer as a child. Kirby fulfills every aspiration I could have ever imagined.
At risk of going too far off topic, have you or anyone else seen the Pro Cycling Races on Youtube?
They provide a live feed without commentary and I'm falling in love with it. All you hear are ambient noises from whichever camera is being broadcast at the moment. For instance, when the moto-cam is right next to a crash you can hear riders swearing at one another; and when approaching a corner at high speed, you can hear the squeal of brakes followed by gear changes as they accelerate out of a corner.
I find myself looking at a bike race in an entirely different way, and it's pretty cool.
But not as cool as listening to CK whispering in my ear.

At risk of going too far off topic, have you or anyone else seen the Pro Cycling Races on Youtube?
They provide a live feed without commentary and I'm falling in love with it. All you hear are ambient noises from whichever camera is being broadcast at the moment. For instance, when the moto-cam is right next to a crash you can hear riders swearing at one another; and when approaching a corner at high speed, you can hear the squeal of brakes followed by gear changes as they accelerate out of a corner.
I find myself looking at a bike race in an entirely different way, and it's pretty cool.
But not as cool as listening to CK whispering in my ear.
Interesting. Isn’t that what GCN had where you can mute the commentary and only hear ambient noise? Not sure if what I use now has that option. Bust still would prefer to be able to mute anything that isn’t Carlton Kirby.

TRENDING THREADS