• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cassani: jersey markings for winning team at Worlds

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Davide Cassani, the ex pro who does color commentary on Italy's RAI3 suggested an interesting idea: a little badge or something for the jerseys of those on the team that wins the world championships. Nothing big or flashy, but a little bit of recognition for the guys on the team who did lots of work.

Thoughts?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
davidw said:
Davide Cassani, the ex pro who does color commentary on Italy's RAI3 suggested an interesting idea: a little badge or something for the jerseys of those on the team that wins the world championships. Nothing big or flashy, but a little bit of recognition for the guys on the team who did lots of work.

Thoughts?

No.
Let's give the olympic champ a jersey first and go from there.

But no, one of the charms of cycling is that a team-effort results in a single winner taking all the sunshine. Let's keep it that way.

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
No.

But no, one of the charms of cycling is that a team-effort results in a single winner taking all the sunshine. Let's keep it that way.

Correct. And if the world champion teammates deserved to be rewarded, why wouldn't Grand Tour or Classic winners teammates ?

About the olympic champion jersey, it looks like teams are doing it the unofficial way : Cancellara has gold lines all over his skinsuit and Sanchez has big gold areas on his jersey, helmet and bike.

ak-zaaf said:
No.

That's never going to happen. It's not allowed to have any advertising on a jersey that's assocoated with the olympics or at least the olympic rings so it would never be sanctioned as an official jersey. Richards homemade jersey was never popular among sponsors etc.

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Arn Old said:
Correct. And if the world champion teammates deserved to be rewarded, why wouldn't Grand Tour or Classic winners teammates ?

Grand tour winners don't get to wear anything after the race is done.

A

Anonymous

davidw said:
Grand tour winners don't get to wear anything after the race is done.

Yea, $100 bucks says RadioOldFolksHome has yellow bands on their sleeves and shorts because one of their riders won a series of Tours a few years in the past. I am not sure there is a color for 3rd place though...

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, $100 bucks says RadioOldFolksHome has yellow bands on their sleeves and shorts because one of their riders won a series of Tours a few years in the past. I am not sure there is a color for 3rd place though...

It could be a salty color to go with the salty look from LA on the podium.:)

A

Anonymous

i like the idea. won't ever happen though..

perhaps, the team mates get to wear the rainbow rings around their shorts(i.e. the rings around their quads where the elastic gripper is)

this way, even though individually they didnt win a jersey, it still represents that "my quads helped that guy get the win".

however, anyone that knows anything about cycling can see for their own eyes who the great team domestiques are. it's really the outside media that give cycling 15 seconds on the news that don't understand and recognise its a team sport (im talking to you sports tonight in Oz - "armstrong's ex-wife", geeezz.. plus in the tour they always said "italian fabian cancellara remains in the yellow jersey)

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
I sort of like it.

I wonder what effect it would have to get rid of the individual award completely and award the entire teams.

well we will find out when they bring in the TTT..

i assume it means that in TTT during the year the entire squad will get to wear world champions jerseys... (or at least the riders who where involved in winning anyway).. not going to be too many opportunities to parade the shirts.. and if a winner leaves in the close season to another team, hes going to be the only one on his new squad with a rainbow shirt..

TRENDING THREADS