• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Castilla y Leon

Lance! Alberto! Sastre! Vande Velde! Menchov! Valverde!

And so on and so on......

Castilla y Leon is turning out to have the best start list of any stage race so far this season. Who is going to take out? And what is the purpose of having good form now, if you want to peak for the Tour?

No coverage outside of Spain, I see.:(
More Geo restrictions.
No wonder Spanish races can't find sponsors.
...at least Coppi e Bartali starts tomorrow.

Oh, and it looks like Lance is going to skip his conquest of the Giro, after all.
I'm shocked.:rolleyes:

.....where did that other....er....comment go? Edited for content, no doubt.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I dont think its in the best interest of Astana to win this race in a normal year. But because its the Alberto and Lance show they have to win to keep the show going.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
yes, coverage only in Spain en El Deporte, I think. It seems LA had broke something, but this could mean nothing ( see his friend Tyler:rolleyes:). Hm... it was a misery; LA is young but he's gotta learn; LA was too nervous. Y que dice Contador? Alberto , ahora quien esta 'el nervioso'?

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
What channel? I've got Digital Nordic.;)

Nordic? Than try Cantabria channels:)or one from Pais Basco:rolleyes:
Does anybody know who was the commentator of the race, Pedro Delgado? He is a helluva commentator without parti-pris for any particular rider. very good indeed!

JavierOtxoa said:
Nordic? Than try Cantabria channels:)or one from Pais Basco:rolleyes:
Does anybody know who was the commentator of the race, Pedro Delgado? He is a helluva commentator without parti-pris for any particular rider. very good indeed!
Pais Basco? Did.....not on.

Feed came on.....went off.

I think we'll have to wait
for a Youtube link.....
.......could get a lot of hits!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan off topic but can I make a request? Could you either write Lance! Alberto! Carlos! Alessandro! or Armstrong! Contador! Sastre! Valverde!

If you are posting as you, fine - show your partisanship. But if you're posting as a representative of cyclingnews then surely the latter (all surnames) is more correct?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
No comment on the race but eveything about The Lance but his next bowel movement. Maybe someone will post about that later.

Lol. By the looks of it he scratched his knee in the crash as well. Off to check the vid once again.

bianchigirl said:
Susan off topic but can I make a request? Could you either write Lance! Alberto! Carlos! Alessandro! or Armstrong! Contador! Sastre! Valverde!

If you are posting as you, fine - show your partisanship. But if you're posting as a representative of cyclingnews then surely the latter (all surnames) is more correct?

I don't really get this post. And who's Alessandro?

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Ithink the point BG is making is to treat all riders with equal respect, by calling them all by their first names, or all by their surnames, rather than the DiscoStana riders by their first, and rest by their surnames. Which I think is fair enough, although we know in the CN universe all riders are equal but some are more equal than others.

A

Anonymous

jaylew said:

My ex-wife's new lover, but aside from that, I am not sure why bianchi or Susan included his name? Nobody by that name has won anything significant for awhile.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
My ex-wife's new lover, but aside from that, I am not sure why bianchi or Susan included his name? Nobody by that name has won anything significant for awhile.

Pettachi? muddled around in the Tour of Britain and won the 2nd stage in the Tirreno. Better than nothing though. Or you were referring to your ex-wife's new lover, who, in that case, scored... your ex-wife.

TRENDING THREADS