• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav and Humility

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to jump on the Cav hate train but I feel like bustin loose, bustin loose!

I just remember how Cav was so humble and gracious to be on top of the sprints last year, (then ducked out for olympic training).

This year his **** is so big I'm surprised he does get over the line first! He doesn't care about the jersey, then he does then doesn't again. (like how my cat care's about his toys until my other cat takes it away from him and he just licks his paws like it was nothing)

And his win celebrations are just not what we look for in this sport. He's gonna be doing NFL touchdown celebrations next, pulling a phone out of his pocket and such.

I actually used to like the guy because he reminded me of mcewen.
Now I just can't look at him and his bighead, saying thor thinks so much of him that he had to protest him?

who says that??

Can't disrespect the mans abilities, but I like a little humble pie with my sprint finishes!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
imo the disqualification was a joke. he didn't change his line, thor wasn't going to make it through anyway and the misaligned barriers clearly had an optical impact on the jury review.

however, cav needs to learn to engage his brain before opening his mouth. he's got a long career ahead of him and the peloton is a big place where people have long memories. hushovd has earned his place at the table and is rightfully almost universally respected and liked by his peers. i posted at the start of the tour that thor would finish in green and i'm positive that will be the case.

can't wait for sunday afternoon though. i'm looking forward to some sprint fireworks!

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
the sprint reg is what it is. But you're right, Cavs not earning a good rapport with the vets. He is however earning his self proclaimed ***hole title tho.

I always love people who come right out and say I'm an ***hole, cause it usually means your a pretty big one if you can't even stop yourself from calling you one.

He's lucky right now cause thats all anyone sees in his sprints is his ***hole!
:D

Green Jersey to the God o Thunder

Kudos to him on that break yesterday!

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Bruce_Willis_97 said:
the sprint reg is what it is. But you're right, Cavs not earning a good rapport with the vets. He is however earning his self proclaimed ***hole title tho.

I always love people who come right out and say I'm an ***hole, cause it usually means your a pretty big one if you can't even stop yourself from calling you one.

He's lucky right now cause thats all anyone sees in his sprints is his ***hole!
:D

Green Jersey to the God o Thunder

Kudos to him on that break yesterday!

Funny post man.

It's like Hinult said, these guys need a tap in the mouth. Which is what Cav got from the Tour directors ... the relegation showed cav who is in charge.

Also, once he hits the deck hard that should knock some sense into him.
Still I like the kid. I thinks he's fun to have around.

Kickstand

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't get the film to run. Here is a translation of the text:

Cavendish: - Hushovd humiliated me

Mark Cavendish admits that the norwegian deserves the green jersey.

Thor Hushovd put cabinet in place with his powerful performance on Wednesday mountain stage in Tour de France. The Nordmannen increased the lead to points throughout the competition with 30 points to the main rival Mark Cavendish, and Columbia-HTC-management realized that the Battle of fabrics was lost. Asked about what he thinks about his chances on the green jersey now, he replied : - You may as well ask me what I think about my chances of winning the yellow jersey. - Thor rode great last night (Wednesday), it was unbelievable. He humiliated me and deserves the green Troyens fully now, "adds a smile to the Cavendish.

A

Anonymous

Belokki said:
Can and Humility in the same sentence?? Thats not right:p

OK, that is the first time in recorded history that I agree completely with you. In fact, I was going to post that EXACT thing. N1

Bruce_Willis_97 said:

LOL. Maybe that is why Armstrong has admitted that he is a jerk.

With McEwen out of the picture, we need a new jerk sprinter. Cav is filling the role nicely

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I go back and forth with this one. He can back up his smack. It is refreshing now and again to hear a guy call out his competition rather than the standard (pull the string) answer. However it ****es a lot of the other teams off and I am not so sure he gets any favors for it. My only problem is he seems to get a bit personal with some of his stuff.

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Four Winds said:
I couldn't get the film to run. Here is a translation of the text:

Cavendish: - Hushovd humiliated me

Mark Cavendish admits that the norwegian deserves the green jersey.

Thor Hushovd put cabinet in place with his powerful performance on Wednesday mountain stage in Tour de France. The Nordmannen increased the lead to points throughout the competition with 30 points to the main rival Mark Cavendish, and Columbia-HTC-management realized that the Battle of fabrics was lost. Asked about what he thinks about his chances on the green jersey now, he replied : - You may as well ask me what I think about my chances of winning the yellow jersey. - Thor rode great last night (Wednesday), it was unbelievable. He humiliated me and deserves the green Troyens fully now, "adds a smile to the Cavendish.

Well Well Well! That's all fine and good, but it's still funny he likes to talk smack until he's really put in his place.

Ahh the Cav show, quite an affair.

Guess the only green he will be is with envy!

OH!:eek:

A

Anonymous

Cav this Cav that

You hear it here first: Cav is NOT the fastest man on the planet. If he has a super strong train of 3 or 4, who can drag him to the final 250-300 meters at speeds too high for anyone else to match he can then rocket to the line. He is very good at this, but he is a one trick pony. Finishing a 3 week GT and acquiring some humility may change that. Lets see,

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
You hear it here first: Cav is NOT the fastest man on the planet. If he has a super strong train of 3 or 4, who can drag him to the final 250-300 meters at speeds too high for anyone else to match he can then rocket to the line. He is very good at this, but he is a one trick pony. Finishing a 3 week GT and acquiring some humility may change that. Lets see,

:confused:

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I can't really decide, but if forced to chose I might go with the "If you win 9 stages of the Tour de France in 2 years you can do whatever you want." side of things. Win he starts losing, he can eat the humble pie hard.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
What was hushovd saying to Peter Velits the other day then.I bet it wasn't well done peter for sprinting past me when I'm going for green.To me this whole thing depends on wether you like cav or you don't.I can see who doesn't like him.:eek:

Was that another win today :D :D

TRENDING THREADS