• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav as World-Champ should be riding Omloop AND K-B-K this weekend!!!!

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Or blame race organisers for making too many easy races that end in bunch sprints that are so obvious they're being set up from more than 40km to go.

sorry but you are starting to sound very stupid. he is right, not you. cav is as important (if not more) than a rider like herrera, for example. he simply is much better.

like thousands of races showed, it's all up to the riders. cav won KBK, won MSR, when a stage where number 2 was gilbert, won the worlds, etc.

you are becoming really annoying. i thought you like cycling. the race itself it's perfect. everyone has it's place. if you dedicate your live to red fibers explosion and top speed, i won't expect you to win a tourmalet stage. then again, there are stages for everyone, but sprinting is for real men and only a few deserve that title, so only a few win with consistency. this isn't amateurish like women road racing. this is pro.

bladerunner said:
It's not right that the world-champ i.e. Cav misses out on Omloop and he is only riding K-B-K this weekend. As the World-Champion he SHOULD most definitely have started Omloop today to give the race the respect it deserves. Even winning K-B-K tomorrow is not enough justification for not riding today.

He is waiting for the courses to be changed to be perfectly flat with no possibility of the field breaking up.