• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cbs tour de france 1984 ?

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Hello and happy new year .

I am looking for a vid of tour de france 1984 .
Is the vid of american tv cbs .

I have the vids of cbs of tours 85,86,87,88 and abc 89,90,91 .
These vids have good music of john tesh , comentaries of phil ligget and interviews ( more than 2 hours each year )

but i am specially interested in tour 1984 .

I have a vid of tour 84 hightlights , with phil ligget but i think that is of channel 4 or world of cycling ( 1 hour ) . But this is not what i want .

Do you know if exists the vid of cbs sports of tour de france 1984 ?

Do you have it ?

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
cbs sports rocks that was before my time but i have the red zinger/coors classic on dvd easily my favorite cycling sports commentary very cool.

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, someone who posts on YouTube has all the old CBS tours, Paris-Roubaix, and some Worlds on DVD. Just look up 1984 Tour de France there.

Actually, I think those packages Tesh and the CBS crew did were terrific. Like this one of team 7-11. They told stories. Way better than the MTV generation 5-15 second snippets we see now days (this upcoming Olympics will be filled with them). And his music was pretty good too for back then when he thought he was some sort of Rick Wakeman. It wasn't until a few years later when he got to Entertainment Tonight and started his career as a musician that he turned into this schmaltzy adult contemporary jazzy new age piano poof.