• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig is the first - and only - Cille

Any interview after her second place yesterday?
I saw an UCI interview being done so maybe in the highlights of the race they put out. Also, Danish tv2 sport interviewed her but I have not seen as I do not have access to that channel.
Also, what a race, changed bike two times, the last time only 30 k before Mur de Huy and had to work like a mad woman to get back. And then still 2nd best after that. Legs must have been great.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Is it me, or does she actually look better (as in "prettier") with a helmet on her head, than without? Also amazing that it seems like there hasn't been taken a picture of her, ever, where she isn't laughing.
Well, there is this one from the last km of Imola.
dcx-80492120-20200926182213

I do love her energy. A fantastic bike rider, too.
She would probably still be one of the most popular riders in the women's péloton even if she never spoke, just her elegant, easy climbing style and combative, gutsy racing especially when frequently outnumbered like yesterday would make her a popular figure nonetheless. I started taking notice of her for the gutsy, entertaining racing, before realising just how infectious her enthusiasm is.

Also comedic interview at LFWF there, as she bursts out laughing realising "oh, we're heading into catchphrase territory here" and pulling back from it :p

She would probably still be one of the most popular riders in the women's péloton even if she never spoke, just her elegant, easy climbing style and combative, gutsy racing especially when frequently outnumbered like yesterday would make her a popular figure nonetheless. I started taking notice of her for the gutsy, entertaining racing, before realising just how infectious her enthusiasm is.

Also comedic interview at LFWF there, as she bursts out laughing realising "oh, we're heading into catchphrase territory here" and pulling back from it :p

Ditto! I appreciated watching her as a rider (thought her name sounded cool, too) before I knew what she sounded like and was giving those joyful interviews.

Loved her in the Cafe Ride series with Matt Stephens.

Reactions: Captain Sensible

Regarding being outnumbered, I hope her team strenghen the squad further for next season. She is frequently the only big name without a team mate with her in the finals. She needs someone like herself a couple of years ago when she supported Moolman-Pasio and was a threat in her own right. Muzic might get there but she isn’t stable enough as of yet.
FDJ aqf might announce a new Italian rider tomorrow if I am reading their teaser right, so let us see who it is..

Last edited:
Reactions: gregrowlerson
Regarding being outnumbered, I hope her team strenghen the squad further for next season. She is frequently the only big name without a team mate with her in the finals. She needs someone like herself a couple of years ago when she supported Moolman-Pasio and was a threat in her own right. Muzic might get there but she isn’t stable enough as of yet.
FDJ aqf might announce a new Italian rider tomorrow if I am reading their teaser right, so let us see who it is..
I think they have the makings of a strong squad there though - Muzic is only 21 years old and has been best young rider at the Emakumeen Bira, top 15 there and top 10 (admittedly thanks to a final day time bonus, but she won the stage at the top of a climb) in the Giro Rosa, so I just think that after the Giro and then going to the top 20 of the Worlds, she's just out of steam to be there for Cille in the Ardennes when it counts. Brodie Chapman is a very strong ATV-type rider who can be there when it counts on the big climbs - 2nd in Colorado, 7th on Mount Baldy (although obviously with TIBCO she targeted those races more than most of the WWT might have done), 9th in Flèche in her own right last year - but this is her first year in the Euro péloton so she might have a bit of adaptation time, I think she'll be fine as a helper for sure. If Muzic continues her upward trajectory and Fahlin is back to where she was a couple of years ago, Cille will likely be fine. She's no worse off than she was last year with Bigla, and FDJ have definitely got value out of her this year's limited calendar with her, with wins in .1 races, WWT podiums and a good GC and QOM in the Giro plus a lot of visibility as she becomes a key player rather than an exciting fringe contender as she could have been considered previously.

Reactions: yaco

TRENDING THREADS