• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CERA Saxo and Columbia

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
At the time, a bunch of usually extremely reliable media sources all simultaneously published the same information: that 13 riders had tested positive for CERA with the new (at the time) blood test: 2 each from Columbia, Scott, AG2R, Gerolsteiner and 5 from CSC
Also, a guy on another forum, who is usually in the know and blurts out scoops before anyone else (the Rasmussen thing for example) and always had always up until then gotten every "scoop" right, said the exact same thing......

Then the positives were announced and were limited to 2 Gerolsteiner and 2 Scott, the two teams that were about to fold at the end of the season anyway.

Which was very strange.

Thanks issoisso - as I stated I dont remember it so I will go back and check it all again. I am not on any other forum so maybe thats why i missed class that day - whats the punishment for not having my homework in order?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Thanks issoisso - as I stated I dont remember it so I will go back and check it all again. I am not on any other forum so maybe thats why i missed class that day - whats the punishment for not having my homework in order?

Go to bed early, no TV?

BroDeal said:
On the other hand I was surprised that there were not more CERA positives. Undetectable drug that gives a large, as seen by Ricco and SChumacher, gain but only a handful of riders use it at the Tour? Maybe some people were tipped off about the new test.

Yeah, i wondered about that too. You have a sport which has had big drug problems in the past and then you have a product which has no test for it and gives big benefits. You'd think that more people would be on it than just a few bad apples. You can never be sure but i find it hard to believe that one other rider wasnt on it. Is it just the winner who gets a sample taken?

Alpe d'Huez said:
As to this story? Who knows. It may be an instance where for all the talk about CERA being detectable, it really wasn't that cut and dry - recall that Kohl said he should have failed many more tests than he did for Cera.

I thought he said that the bio passport should have noted changes in his blood values? These changes may have been noted but not been extreme enough to warrant a disciplinary charge. He said his passport was excellent but other people said otherwise. As the first wave of failures were only mentioned a few weeks ago we may not know if he would have been among those mentioned.

The CERA test itself only started at the TdF last year. The urine test was first which he passed but then he failed the later blood test which was more accurate. So unless he meant the urine tests which obvuiously werent catching everyone, then he cant have passed any more tests.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
One of the problems I have with this cover up theory is that the testing was most likely carried out in the French Lab. Had so many positives turned up it would surely have made it to a paper like l'equipe.
That Lab leaks like a sieve when it comes to doping results!

BroDeal said:
If is true then that would be disappointing since the AFLD is about the only organization that so far has not looked corrupt.

Bro, you should start listening to your own mantra: "trust no one...," etc.:D

I, too, however, can't make any conclusions based on 4th party hearsay, however, living in Italy over these years has meant that a certain culture of dietrolagia has impacted upon my perceptions.

Just the sheer economic interests alone, means that French sport can't tollerate another Festina affair. And since it's all about money...

In terms of how reliable the tests are, remember Riccò showed positive how many times (3 or 4) out of like 10 tests. All of the tests should have shown positive, but it could also be the case that all the positives have not (been allowed to) come out. Especially when if they had, that means French sport also shoots itself in the foot. Another massive doping scandal, may very well spell the end of the Tour in the foreseeable future, and with it, cycling in general. Too many financial interests to let that happen. So..."I trust know one," take nothing at face value, etc. Cheers

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
actually, yes Schleck did. He was "amigo de Birillo".

Cance was "classicomano Lugi"

and Dekker and Menchov had blood there also, from my source.

They just did not have their "code" cracked. There were over 100 bags, and only a few linked to riders with the codes.

come on Alpe, expect better form from you, you gotta start doping to get with the program :D

Brother Brillo was not Andy or Frank Schleck.

TRENDING THREADS