• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Challenge Mallorca Jan 29 - Feb 01, 2015

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:

What?! No umlauts?! That's pretty pathetic for a forum concerning a sport that is mainly practiced in continental Europe. :eek:

Can I say rodr?guez?

nope can't do accents either....

(also... how did I only just notice this?!)

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Coat-O said:
Didn't see that coming. :eek: Wellens is a future man for the Ardennes classics for sure. Could be the next Gilbert.

Well the second part of last season Wellens was amazing. Not just his results, but also the way how he got his results.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty good from Kudus.

He was in the Valverde group and I think he stayed with Valverde for more than 10km when Valverde attacked before getting dropped in the descent. Although, the updates we rely on are of course a bit ambiguous something. But it does look like he stayed with Valverde for quite some time at least. I don't know what the time gaps are, but Kudus is not explosive at all, so I can imagine those final shorter climbs didn't do him much good.

EDIT; yes Kudus is the s.t. as Visconti and the riders between. He was last from his group in the sprint. Strong ride by him!

Also, I was kind of obsessed with Kudus and Wellens, but I forgot to mention, Valverde did a great ride of course. :)

If only Valverde rode like this in bigger races (he would get caught and lose because the teams chasing him would be much stronger)

Maaaaaaaarten said:
If only Valverde rode like this in bigger races (he would get caught and lose because the teams chasing him would be much stronger)

He always does well early in the year due to great base level and other teams not firing their best shots yet. But he can hold a very high level through most of the season. He is truly a man for all seasons just has to play it more cagey when the big guns are around.

Yesterdays highlights were great, can hardly wait for todays!

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Pretty good from Kudus.

He was in the Valverde group and I think he stayed with Valverde for more than 10km when Valverde attacked before getting dropped in the descent. Although, the updates we rely on are of course a bit ambiguous something. But it does look like he stayed with Valverde for quite some time at least. I don't know what the time gaps are, but Kudus is not explosive at all, so I can imagine those final shorter climbs didn't do him much good.

EDIT; yes Kudus is the s.t. as Visconti and the riders between. He was last from his group in the sprint. Strong ride by him!

Also, I was kind of obsessed with Kudus and Wellens, but I forgot to mention, Valverde did a great ride of course. :)

Kudus not explosive at all? It's not like he is a Wiggins/Leipheimer uphill.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Bushman said:
Kudus not explosive at all? It's not like he is a Wiggins/Leipheimer uphill.

Well maybe I put it a bit too strong, but I've never really seen anything else by him than steady climbing. But then again, we haven't seen too much from him anyway.

(Also, not being explosive doesn't equal being a Wiggins/Leipheimer; Gesink isn't explosive at all, but he does ride quite aggressively if he's good enough compared to the rest of the field - which isn't very often - and he's even got some good results on terrain that is normally suited to more explosive riders)

TourOfSardinia said:
Great win by Cummings.
Nice kit for MTN-Q.
Put Bala and the Sky guys right! :)

Steve seems to be good early season:
didn't he win at Giro della Provincia di Reggio Calabria February a year or two back?

I think he got nearly all his points in the first month or so of last year as well. Before crashing out, a lot

Really hope he avoids the tarmac this year, as he could have a cracking season

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
What?! No umlauts?! That's pretty pathetic for a forum concerning a sport that is mainly practiced in continental Europe. :eek:

Can I say rodr?guez?

nope can't do accents either....

(also... how did I only just notice this?!)

I can say Rodr?guez and K?nig, so it's not the forum, it's you :p

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Coat-O said:
Yeah. He was swallowed by the rest of the peloton about 50 meters (or even less) before the line.

Yes, but Valverde was the one that pulled the whole time, Pozzovivo only stayed on his wheel, it was the smart thing to do but in the end he was swallowed by the rest.

TRENDING THREADS