• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

checkout LA's size...

Cerberus said:
What makes you think he's going to drop anyone that matters in July?

There is a reason he is not publishing his blood values this year. I have managed to get the results in advance.

business-profit-growth-graph-c-thumb5491320.jpg

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Agh, I see, now we can use the subjective judgement of size of riders as proof of doping. I wonder why WADA and even Greg Lemond have not advocated this before?

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
gree0232 said:
Agh, I see, now we can use the subjective judgement of size of riders as proof of doping. I wonder why WADA and even Greg Lemond have not advocated this before?

Did you send wonderboy a Valentine?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
the only riders who he didn't drop last year were contador, shlecks and sastre day...he dropped 160+ other guys

He didn't take much time on Nibali or Wiggins either, but in any case how many of those 160 guys matters? I expect LA to get into top 10, possibly top 5, but that's a far shot from dropping everyone.

Brodeal said:
There is a reason he is not publishing his blood values this year. I have managed to get the results in advance.
the Schlecks, Contador and most other contenders aren't publishing their results either. Youth and doping>old age and doping.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gree0232 said:

size matters dude. The comparison in this case is pretty accurate as the photographer has not moved for the shots of the riders in the link. so get a good judge of the bulk of riders like LA, Cancellara and Martin. Lot of weight to dance and skip up a col in the searing heat of july ahead of guys with a lot less.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
size matters dude. The comparison in this case is pretty accurate as the photographer has not moved for the shots of the riders in the link. so get a good judge of the bulk of riders like LA, Cancellara and Martin. Lot of weight to dance and skip up a col in the searing heat of july ahead of guys with a lot less.

Bro, I guess you missed the Guardian article where Pharmstrong claimed people have "evolved" since his '99 TdF win. He also utilized a 21lb climbing bike during the '99 tour according to the article.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cerberus said:
He didn't take much time on Nibali or Wiggins either, but in any case how many of those 160 guys matters? I expect LA to get into top 10, possibly top 5, but that's a far shot from dropping everyone.

never said he dropped everyone, just 160+riders all younger than him..

Nibali part of the liquidgas train this year in the giro, bet he went back to his supplier and *****ed about an old man dropping him in july looking for a refund....

Cerberus said:
the Schlecks, Contador and most other contenders aren't publishing their results either. Youth and doping>old age and doping.

never said they were. laws of physics says that the heavier it is the hard it is to carry uphill.....

Oh you bet !they dope at all ages.....but it must be terrible being an old doper!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Bro, I guess you missed the Guardian article where Pharmstrong claimed people have "evolved" since his '99 TdF win. He also utilized a 21lb climbing bike during the '99 tour according to the article.

listen Sis, i suppose Shwarzaneger evolved too....:D

Contador has not evolved, Rasmussen wasn't evolving enough obviously so Rabobank took him out..Wiggins is evolving the wrong way....

if it was Fotheringham that put that piece pr out, i would not be surprised....

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm a big reader of fantasy, sci-fi stuff.

http://www.newscred.com/articles/27...nald-mcraes-interview-with-the-cycling-legend

I'm a real pool junkie so I watched all the Olympics and these people were not just breaking world records they were smashing them. And did you say why? No1 the human body evolves, training evolves, we improve over time. Duh! Shocker. Two. The suits. The Technology - it's a huge advantage. No3 - the pool. That pool was clearly faster than my neighbourhood swimming pool. Phelps was clearly motivated and all of that stuff makes up for superhuman performances but no one says anything about that. If you go up L'Alpe d'Huez faster than anyone else then it's a case of clearly you've cheated. Another example - 1999 my climbing bike weighed 21lb. 2005 - 14lb. They make so much of the average speed - this is the fastest tour so clearly they doped. That's an easy thing to say. The tough to thing is to say they repaved every road on the Tour de France this year, they took out traffic islands, they rode deep dish aerodynamic where the bike is 10% faster. Hello? You're gonna ride faster. All that adds to higher speed.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
listen Sis, i suppose Shwarzaneger evolved too....:D

Contador has not evolved, Rasmussen wasn't evolving enough obviously so Rabobank took him out..Wiggins is evolving the wrong way....

if it was Fotheringham that put that piece pr out, i would not be surprised....

Hey, I think I'm with you.

I'm not massaging Arnold's muscles or Lance's ball sac.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
I'm a big reader of fantasy, sci-fi stuff.

I'm a real pool junkie so I watched all the Olympics and these people were not just breaking world records they were smashing them. And did you say why? No1 the human body evolves, training evolves, we improve over time. Duh! Shocker. Two. The suits. The Technology - it's a huge advantage. No3 - the pool. That pool was clearly faster than my neighbourhood swimming pool. Phelps was clearly motivated and all of that stuff makes up for superhuman performances but no one says anything about that. If you go up L'Alpe d'Huez faster than anyone else then it's a case of clearly you've cheated. Another example - 1999 my climbing bike weighed 21lb. 2005 - 14lb. They make so much of the average speed - this is the fastest tour so clearly they doped. That's an easy thing to say. The tough to thing is to say they repaved every road on the Tour de France this year, they took out traffic islands, they rode deep dish aerodynamic where the bike is 10% faster. Hello? You're gonna ride faster. All that adds to higher speed.

Liestrong;)

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Liestrong;)

Hater!

With my Lightweight wheels with ceramic bearings I upped the pace of my training rides from just under 22 mph to a minimum of 25++++. I think you need the special grease though.

That and creatine, I mean horsibol.

The CF bottle cages help too!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Hater!

With my Lightweight wheels with ceramic bearings I upped the pace of my training rides from just under 22 mph to a minimum of 25++++. I think you need the special grease though.

That and creatine, I mean horsibol.

The CF bottle cages help too!

with my Cancellara 'special' i'm doing alpe d'huez 3 minutes quicker than contador and that's only using 1 leg.....

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
les95035 said:
can't lance get a longer TT or stem to flatten out his back? the area behind the hump creates a vacuum that literally sucks him backwards

The guy is like 5'7" and he's already riding a 58 cm madone.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features...ongs-team-radioshack-trek-madone-6-series-rvv

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/lance-armstrongs-trek-madone-69-livestrong-20045

I would think his TT bike has correspondingly similiar dimensions. How much more can he be stretched out.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/tech/2009/probikes/?id=lance_armstrong_trek_equinox_giro09

Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
with my Cancellara 'special' i'm doing alpe d'huez 3 minutes quicker than contador and that's only using 1 leg.....

You probably don't even have to "prepare."

I guess it's healthier long term though.:)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
You probably don't even have to "prepare."

I guess it's healthier long term though.:)

jeez i'm hoping it stops and i can find the off button before i go off a cliff on the other side....it not that much healthier. mine runs on plutonium, gives me that healthy glow.....great for sponsors names across the jersey

Benotti69 said:
checkout LA's size...compared to other riders, Schleck, Gesink and tell me how he drops everyone on HC cols in July????

http://www.steephill.tv/2010/tour-de-suisse/photos/stage-09/

he looks very similar in size to Tony Martin and Cancellara, strong 1 day racers, it so obvious he PEDs:mad:

It works both ways:

checkout Frank's size...compared to other riders, Armstrong, Cancellara and tell me how he finishes so high in a TT????

http://www.steephill.tv/2010/tour-de-suisse/photos/stage-09/

he looks very similar in size to Gesink and Pellizoti, strong climbers, it so obvious he PEDs:mad:

Here's a clue: They all do the same ****.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
His belly looks bigger than the Paris Nice race last year but he looks on better form than last year at this time and has raced well.

Should be a good tour, I'll be watching the Pyrenees stages, probably the Summit finish day at Ax, staying at the base again, like in 2005.

Pity the Shlecks don't have the tactical nuances of The Shack team.
Last year at the Ventoux stage, Frank Shleck should have attacked Contador and Armstrong more, he could have one.

Nick

I've not managed to see any TdS footage until today.

I have to say Id thought he had slimmed. But no. He's still carrying weight and a has small gut. I saw the road stage & when being interviewed. He's not back at his bargearse South Africa weight but he's not at Pro weight.

None the less once the blood is put back in he'll surprise us all. I mean look at Ullrich. He didn't even train and could still get 2nd.

thehog said:
I've not managed to see any TdS footage until today.

I have to say Id thought he had slimmed. But no. He's still carrying weight and a has small gut. I saw the road stage & when being interviewed. He's not back at his bargearse South Africa weight but he's not at Pro weight.

None the less once the blood is put back in he'll surprise us all. I mean look at Ullrich. He didn't even train and could still get 2nd.

Looking at Armstrong in the start house, his arms looked overly muscular. I think he is more concerned about his physical appearance than his physical performance.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
les95035 said:
can't lance get a longer TT or stem to flatten out his back? the area behind the hump creates a vacuum that literally sucks him backwards

i remember prior to cancer one of the euros called lance a buffalo because of his hump, which seems to me to be larger just like back in the old days.

ed rader

TRENDING THREADS