• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Choose the dopers

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do YOU BELIEVE uses or used PEDs?

  • None of the above

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
LOL at the 8% that don't believe FL doped. The GL number seems a bit high. Here's a guy who got dropped by Chiapucci in '91-. I wonder what kind of crappy dope GL on. It GL doped, it certainly was NOT with EPO or blood boosting. If say, Andy Hampsten came out and said Lemond doped then I would believe it. But, as far as I know, nobody has ever hinted that Lemond doped -- except Armstrong of course. Did he ever find those 10 people that would swear that Lemond was on dope?

Oh yeah, I voted no for GL and CE. Should add Bradley Wiggins to the list. Be interesting to see what forum thinks of him. I think BW started the dope last year.
 
La Vie Claire said:
LOL at the 8% that don't believe FL doped. The GL number seems a bit high. Here's a guy who got dropped by Chiapucci in '91-. I wonder what kind of crappy dope GL on. It GL doped, it certainly was NOT with EPO or blood boosting. If say, Andy Hampsten came out and said Lemond doped then I would believe it. But, as far as I know, nobody has ever hinted that Lemond doped -- except Armstrong of course. Did he ever find those 10 people that would swear that Lemond was on dope?

Oh yeah, I voted no for GL and CE. Should add Bradley Wiggins to the list. Be interesting to see what forum thinks of him. I think BW started the dope last year.

Greg Lemond was drinking distilled water at the time. "dopage!"
 
So, is there anything on Evans other than insinuations based on the fact he's one of the strongest? Nothing i can remember - I need more than an outstanding performances or two to declare someone a cheat myself...I'm sticking with Lemond as clean for now as well.

All the others there is either good evidence, rumour from vaguely reputable sources, positive tests or spare bags of blood hanging about.
 
May 25, 2010
14
0
0
Visit site
If a professional rider is confirmed as a doper, that would open him/her up to fraud charges, had they profited in some way. Also PED abusing in France is illegal eg. Ricco.
 
This is too tricky! It say "uses or used", but I'm a naive punter so I believe Basso used to use but doesn't anymore... Voted for his sorry **s anyway...

Oh, by the way. Also a happy hoper believing in the unbelievable: Didn't punch a hole for Contador...

Anyway, I think it's fun that more people think Basso doped/s than think LA doped/s...
 
Sep 19, 2009
807
0
0
Visit site
The only denial I would believe from Leipheimer is if he declares in a press conference that he's not on or has never been on Minoxidil.
 
JPM London said:
This is too tricky! It say "uses or used", but I'm a naive punter so I believe Basso used to use but doesn't anymore... Voted for his sorry **s anyway...

Oh, by the way. Also a happy hoper believing in the unbelievable: Didn't punch a hole for Contador...

Anyway, I think it's fun that more people think Basso doped/s than think LA doped/s...
How is that tricky? It's "uses OR used", not "uses AND used". So if he did either one, or both, he's a doper.
 
simoni said:
So, is there anything on Evans other than insinuations based on the fact he's one of the strongest? Nothing i can remember - I need more than an outstanding performances or two to declare someone a cheat myself...I'm sticking with Lemond as clean for now as well.
There is a plethora of known dopers who never did nearly as well Evans.

Even just one outstanding performance, in a sea of dopers, is evidence.
 
Seems to me that what is especially educational about the level of retardation that fan worship can cause is the fact that convicted and admitted dopers (Landis, Ullrich, Leipheimer and Basso don't even garner 100%.:rolleyes:
Leaving aside the curious fact that in some people's eyes not being suspended for the presence of EPO somehow trumps the actual scientific detection of it, it is amazing the gullibility that fan worship can engender.