• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
a full second per kilometre on Bob Jungels does indeed suggest we're back to the bad old days. Unbelievable performance.

As I said in the clinic: we have similar spreads pre-epo where the gap to #2 is bigger than the gap to beyond top 10. Indeed I even gave a siliier example.

1 second per km is not unheard of in the good old days, so this can't be proof that we are back in the bad old days ^^

Franklin said:
:)Yes, my friend, that very well may be the case.:)
But whatever they are looking at, the other teams
helmets are not nearly as aero when they are
looking down as SKY's shorter, bob-tailed
KASK Bambino helmets.

The new HED GT3 seems to be a fantastic front
wheel, Wiggo had great success with it in the
Tour of California as well. I wonder if any other
teams will be riding it (unbranded?) in July.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
The man ATTACKS in the mountains. He rides a very entertaining way for those of us watching at home.

aesthetically he is a pain to watch. Well, unless you live on the isle and began to follow the sport within the last 5 years i reckon

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
oldcrank said:
:)Yes, my friend, that very well may be the case.:)
But whatever they are looking at, the other teams
helmets are not nearly as aero when they are
looking down as SKY's shorter, bob-tailed
KASK Bambino helmets.

The new HED GT3 seems to be a fantastic front
wheel, Wiggo had great success with it in the
Tour of California as well. I wonder if any other
teams will be riding it (unbranded?) in July.
Do you get payed for this kind of advertisement?

I hope you do.

cauberg1999

BANNED
Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Cimber said:
aesthetically he is a pain to watch. Well, unless you live on the isle and began to follow the sport within the last 5 years i reckon

its always painful to watch your rider loosing for his the most principal opponent and absolute antagonist,no?

still perfect training match for both. gotta be very tight next month!:)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Der Effe said:
Almost 4 years ago this 'man' finished 14th in a time trial in the Tour of Austria, almost 1.30 behind Joost Posthuma.

LOL.

SKY obviously discovered some "scientific" method to transform guys like Wiggins and Froom

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about his style on the bike,i like the guy because he's always attacks no matter his form.Also after watching Escartin in golden days,Froome looks pretty good to me.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
Btw. I find Contador's style absolutely infuriating to watch, hopping around on the pedals like a ****ing ballet dancer. I'd much rather see someone like Froome cranking his bike; at least you can see him putting an effort in. ;)

Thats cos you are a limey with an awful taste and is new to be sport

TRENDING THREADS