• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 214 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
He is spending way too much energy in the first week, true.

But with a weak Contador and wounded Quintana and Nibali who both lost time in the crosswind and crashed today.. this should be an easy task. There will be no battle between the big four. It will be like Nibali's victory in 2014.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
He is spending way too much energy in the first week, true.

But with a weak Contador and wounded Quintana and Nibali who both lost time in the crosswind and crashed today.. this should be an easy task. There will be no battle between the big four. It will be like Nibali's victory in 2014.

No way. The difference is that Pinot, Peraud, Valverde etc were all riding for 2nd place.

I think Quintana will be happy for a podium, but we all know that Contador and maybe Nibali doesn't care about 2nd or 3rd place. They would both die with their boots on trying to win the race.

Quintana settle for podium? This isn't 2013, he fought pretty good there too after inheriting leadership. He won the Giro last year and came here to win, if he's a stronger climber he's still in a pretty good position. I don't think any of them will be happy settling for second.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
When Froome had the jersey, he was the only leader so far who did not choose a yellow bike or yellow handlebar tape or yellow cages...

He went stock and just the jersey, maybe the hat. I know the manufacturers love it but yikes, bad juju there. Go with stock, get rid of the MJ until the mountains and Paris.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

damian13ster said:
Ouch, looks like Martin and Nibali got it worst. Pinned under the bikes while others were laying on their legs :/
Froome with great bike handling here. Quintana got seriously lucky that he didnt end up catching his hand on someones bike. Would be a clear break

3 of the big 4 involved, through no fault of their own. Good thing it had no bearing on GC.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

bettiniphoto_0215110_1_full_670.jpg

Mystery solved Flo :D

Re: Re:

pastronef said:
Billie said:
Why and on who was froome angry?
Froome was angry because Nibali accused him of causing the crash
he went to talk to him at the Astana bus after the finish, and they settled the issue
Nibali apologized to him on twitter

CN forum servers are lucky it wasn't Froome who wrongly accused anyone of causing the crash :D

At this point I see far more posts on the CN forum imagining hateful opinions of Froome than I see Froome hate. I agree with the idea that most forum users don't like the way he rides, but--minus a vocal few--the persecution complex posts definitely outnumber the persecution.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
DBotero said:
Arredondo said:
bettiniphoto_0215110_1_full_670.jpg

Mystery solved Flo :D

Lol what a crybaby,he stopped for that minor thing.Wtf is doing"Froome the menace"on a bike anyway,according to some respected forum members he shouldn't be allowed to.
Am I hallucinating or did you post the same thing earlier :confused:

I think both of us are hallucinating.I was pretty sure i posted this,but vanished i think :confused: