• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
He's gonna go alien mode on Arcalis and Ventoux, and just follow wheels & defend everywhere else
This.

I doubt Froome will even respond to attacks unless they come from Quintana. For him, it's all about Arcalis and Ventoux. Today is "just" a warm-up stage. A brutal warm-up stage.

Sky will let everyone go but Quintana (and perhaps Contador).

Re: Re:

sir fly said:
MatParker117 said:
sir fly said:
This should produce some confusion...
Why did he risk so much?
He isn't feeling strong enough uphill?

Think he got a bigger gap than he expected and thought "**** it".
I guess Movi will have to check what was it all about.
The race is on them now.
But it's difficult to say whether they'll do it tomorrow.

If Froome's in a similar mood to his usual on the first MTF, then.

MatParker117 said:
sir fly said:
MatParker117 said:
sir fly said:
This should produce some confusion...
Why did he risk so much?
He isn't feeling strong enough uphill?

Think he got a bigger gap than he expected and thought "**** it".
I guess Movi will have to check what was it all about.
The race is on them now.
But it's difficult to say whether they'll do it tomorrow.

If Froome's in a similar mood to his usual on the first MTF, then.
Chess on wheels.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

movingtarget said:
Not bad for an awful bike handler ! Quintana has to respond tomorrow and I am sure he will try.

Well the descent was just straight roads..you hardly have to be a good bike handler for that.

Kudos anyway, he knows Quintana will gain time on him now and needs buffer for 3rd week. And he doesn't have the cobbles help he had last year. He needs 2 minutes on Nairo to be comfortable in last week imho.

Gloin22 said:
movingtarget said:
Not bad for an awful bike handler ! Quintana has to respond tomorrow and I am sure he will try.

Well the descent was just straight roads..you hardly have to be a good bike handler for that.

Kudos anyway, he knows Quintana will gain time on him now and needs buffer for 3rd week. And he doesn't have the cobbles help he had last year. He needs 2 minutes on Nairo to be comfortable in last week imho.
what race were you watching? Straight roads?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

cantpedal said:
Gloin22 said:
movingtarget said:

what race were you watching? Straight roads?

For a descent, yes way. There were few corners at end but hardly challenging.

As descents go this was the least technical descent you can find.

TRENDING THREADS