• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 400 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

JRanton said:
Jspear said:
I dream of a situation like this in the Tour. :p

I think you'll have to keep dreaming. In 2013 when Froome was isolated it was more a question of bad legs (Porte) combined with Kennaugh's incident with Hesjedal.

Yeah I know it. He'll be better, his team will be better other teams will care more - Everyone cares more...it's hard to do this in the Tour.

I can't remember where I read this, but Stannard might be skipping the TDF this year and focusing on the Vuelta.
Benefits of this include that Puccio could ride the TDF and Kiri and Rowe should be utilised on the flats. Thomas after the Giro might also be asked to ride as a domestique for the flats. THe other benefit is that Froome will have a fresh teammate in the Vuelta who will ensure there isn't a repeat of Formigal.

Bumping this for Romandie.
Would be great to see him take 3 victories at the Tour of Romandie too.
Would be interesting to see Giro contenders form too. Tejay, Ilnur, Spilak(?) should be up there.
Froomey, Porte will start as Favourites though.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lots of the big riders are going off as close to the start as possible in the TT including Froome.

What do they know that we don't? Weather? Or just extra recovery?

Kind of annoying since its before the coverage starts. :rolleyes:

Re:

dirk nowitzki said:
let's be real i don't think Froome is the top gc rider right now , he has ZERO win this season , and not donminat at all
Depends on what you mean with right now. If you mean that he isn't the favorite for Romandie I agree, since he also wasn't in a very good shape in this race in the last two years. However if you mean "this season" I disagree and think his season so far says absolutely nothing about how he will do in the tour.

Gigs_98 said:
dirk nowitzki said:
let's be real i don't think Froome is the top gc rider right now , he has ZERO win this season , and not donminat at all
Depends on what you mean with right now. If you mean that he isn't the favorite for Romandie I agree, since he also wasn't in a very good shape in this race in the last two years. However if you mean "this season" I disagree and think his season so far says absolutely nothing about how he will do in the tour.
froome is one of 3 or 5 favourites for tour of romandie, it's plain logical. I don't really think you'll easily find a lot of riders with greater chances. ;)

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

dirk nowitzki said:
Froome is a great rider but is not a champion , a champion for me is Nibali a rider who already dominated Froome in the Tour de france 2014 , if Froome was not crashing he would arrived 4 minutes behind Nibali , he was stellar . But Nibali is complete he wins Lombardia and podium Liegi also performing very good in Sanremo.
Congratulations for you. Your post was the worst post of the season so far

portugal11 said:
dirk nowitzki said:
Froome is a great rider but is not a champion , a champion for me is Nibali a rider who already dominated Froome in the Tour de france 2014 , if Froome was not crashing he would arrived 4 minutes behind Nibali , he was stellar . But Nibali is complete he wins Lombardia and podium Liegi also performing very good in Sanremo.

Nibali 8 m 36 sec behind Froome at TDF 2015, what's that say to you?????? :rolleyes:

CTQ said:
portugal11 said:
dirk nowitzki said:

Nibali 8 m 36 sec behind Froome at TDF 2015, what's that say to you?????? :rolleyes:
What about 2016? 70minutes? :lol:

Guys and girls, Dirk has been banned for being a sockpuppet, let's not give them the time of day and move on...

A lot of time for Froome to make up after today, seems many of the GC guys didn't take any risks in the conditions, can't say I blame them with bigger targets to come.

TRENDING THREADS