• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 575 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
I am a big cycling fan myself, watching for 40 years or so. I just find it weird that we cannot even discuss that we have no evidence really of his wounds. Which is what is keeping froome from the TdF. Not backing any theory here, just like to see some more real facts.

Re:

Swingtop said:
I am a big cycling fan myself, watching for 40 years or so. I just find it weird that we cannot even discuss that we have no evidence really of his wounds. Which is what is keeping froome from the TdF. Not backing any theory here, just like to see some more real facts.

I agree. I don't adhere to the conspiracy theories but I also think it is super weird that we are obviously being given misinformation about the extent of his injuries.

There are a few examples but the most striking one is that it has now been widely reported that he had a compound fracture of the femur. I am not sure if that information has come from Ineos but if not then they certainly haven't corrected it if it is wrong. However the surgeon then said he could be back stronger than ever in six months. This is not remotely possible with a compound femur fracture.

Unfortunately journalists seem more interested in feeding the brush with death followed by superhuman comeback narrative rather than finding out the truth about his injuries.

Re: Re:

The Barb said:
Swingtop said:

I agree. I don't adhere to the conspiracy theories but I also think it is super weird that we are obviously being given misinformation about the extent of his injuries.

There are a few examples but the most striking one is that it has now been widely reported that he had a compound fracture of the femur. I am not sure if that information has come from Ineos but if not then they certainly haven't corrected it if it is wrong. However the surgeon then said he could be back stronger than ever in six months. This is not remotely possible with a compound femur fracture.

Unfortunately journalists seem more interested in feeding the brush with death followed by superhuman comeback narrative rather than finding out the truth about his injuries.

It's likely he was referring to the bone it's self and not the rider coming back stronger. Froome coming back stronger is not possible at all with the injury he has in the first place. Also Phinney's doctor said he may never race again. Stetina's doctor said his injury was career threatening. The German doctors who dealt with both Valverde and I Izagirre said that Izagirre had a career threatening injury while they felt Valverde would be OK as long as he didn't have any set backs.

I'm not entirely sure Ineos has actually said exactly what Froome's actual injuries are. However, if it's accurate that he's going to be in the hospital for 6 weeks, he's not starting rehab anytime soon.

D-p2kYxW4Ag_2hx.jpg:large

Escarabajo said:
rick james said:
tin foil hat mob have broken out the lounge it seems
Rick, stop the BS. I believe he crashed. I could care less if he didn't as well. But he really looks good on those pictures. Maybe he might come back strong next year and it is not a career ending injury like some suggest.

I think most people believe he crashed. The pictures they've shown (not many) do not look like he suffered anywhere near the injuries they say he suffered.

He does indeed look really good in the most recent photo from his hospital room. It will be interesting to see how his comeback proceeds. Not sure whether he can top Lemond's in the late 80's (losing two years after getting shot in the chest while hunting turkeys, then winning two more TDFs), but still . . .

Koronin said:
Escarabajo said:
rick james said:
tin foil hat mob have broken out the lounge it seems
Rick, stop the BS. I believe he crashed. I could care less if he didn't as well. But he really looks good on those pictures. Maybe he might come back strong next year and it is not a career ending injury like some suggest.

I think most people believe he crashed. The pictures they've shown (not many) do not look like he suffered anywhere near the injuries they say he suffered.
There is absolutely no reason for them to lie about the extent of his injuries. All they had to say was “he broke his leg, he’s out of the Tour.” I do not understand anyone who would question the validity of the reports for any reason.

TRENDING THREADS