Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 88 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Jspear said:
I wonder if Froome's back pain is chronic? If it's something that could nag him throughout the season....
from the look of it, sounds like it. This is the second time he is sideline for his back problem. I bet it probably be flared out somewhere during the season, and we just didn't know it. That's going to be his achilles heels if that thing flare up again during TDF. He got no shot to beat an in form Contador with his sore back.
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Jspear said:
I have no idea as to why he has this back problem....It could be his position on the bike....but I would think with as advanced as Sky is in their training that they would be able to properly fit him on a bike. For me personally, the reason he looks so odd on a bike is his gangly arms...they kinda stick way out.
maybe he pushes too hard to get to that high wattage.
 
Suddenly a lot of equations have changed with this. Important thing is how he recovers from this. If this occurs again in the next month or so seems his tour would be doomed!
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
0
0
sad news. i was looking forward to the big clash in tirreno.
don't want to sound alarmist but i hope these aren't already the effects of the massive, inhuman sky training. he should let it slow until le tour if he wants to be competitive for more than 3 years
 
Jul 7, 2013
1,441
0
0
“I have been training with Chris and Geraint quite a lot, and it was obvious Chris had some discomfort in his back and they rightly decided to pull him out to get on top of it early in the season. As for Geraint, he is moving very well and is in great condition. He will do fine.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-understands-asos-ire-says-switch-to-tirreno-makes-sense

Froome's odds for TdF still at 1.57 aka opponents hoping he falls of the bike for a chance at top spot.
 
Mar 12, 2009
2,527
0
0
Poursuivant said:
Doesn't sound good.
Hopefully he won't need a surgery, don't wish bad health on any athlete.
But he was flying at Oman not so long ago, so should not be that bad after all.
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
He will be fine for the tour. Will also do well in CdD. Light schedule this year.
we don't know yet the effects of the exteme sky regime(wiggo 2011-2012,froome 2011-2014) on the body. in my opinion this is more than a matter of medicines. wiggo did well for his future health and abandoned the regime because probably it's impossible to keep like that for more than 2 years
i wish i won't be right but like many already speculated, i can't see froome at the top for more than 2015.

richie should be prepared to take giro-tour win this year:p
 
jens_attacks said:
we don't know yet the effects of the exteme sky regime(wiggo 2011-2012,froome 2011-2014) on the body. in my opinion this is more than a matter of medicines. wiggo did well for his future health and abandoned the regime because probably it's impossible to keep like that for more than 2 years
i wish i won't be right but like many already speculated, i can't see froome at the top for more than 2015.

richie should be prepared to take giro-tour win this year:p
That's an interesting point that I've never thought of....maybe they'll just train themselves tired! I wouldn't mind that.
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
0
0
froome is not andy schleck. in my opinion that's not how he should look naturally.same with wiggins 2012. in order to look like that, he probably trains so much that i get tired only thinking about his sessions.
i hope i will be proven wrong though. contador and nibali winning le tour without froome there would be like meh...
 
jens_attacks said:
froome is not andy schleck. in my opinion that's not how he should look naturally.same with wiggins 2012. in order to look like that, he probably trains so much that i get tired only thinking about his sessions.
i hope i will be proven wrong though. contador and nibali winning le tour without froome there would be like meh...
Contador and Nibali? :p They are like frandy? If one wins, both win? :p
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
0
0
contador 2014, nibali 2015, froome comes back in 2016 and wins until 2022.
in 2023, le tour will be won by chris horner.


in short, yes i meant or :p
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
Maybe they figured out the tour is going to be full genius this year, so rather than peaking for 6 months, give the Dawg some time off and send him to Tenerife for extra preparation.
 
I agree probably comes back strong.

But what if he doesn't. Is Wiggins thinking he has an opportunity again? He came 4th without much prep in 2009, he's got a lot more time now.

Maybe over the coming months ASO announces TT's will be longer than originally planned.
 
The Hitch said:
I agree probably comes back strong.

But what if he doesn't. Is Wiggins thinking he has an opportunity again? He came 4th without much prep in 2009, he's got a lot more time now.

Maybe over the coming months ASO announces TT's will be longer than originally planned.
The way ASO are going wit Paris Nice, all TT and MTFs cancelled
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS