• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
wwabbit said:
Welcome to the forums. If you'd spent a few months lurking before posting, you would know that whenever {insert_favourite_rider} makes a failed attack, he was only testing his rivals whereas whenever {insert_favourite_rider's_rival} makes a failed attack, he was being an amateur. The names Contador, Froome, Nibali, Evans, and many others have been inserted in any of the two above slots by many various fans and haters.

+1. True, I enjoyed that, wwabbit. :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yea, it sucks, I know. Well at least Alberto has plenty of time to try every single possible tactic :rolleyes:

It would be nice if he could beat Froome just once so we can still hope :p

i don't know the stage profile of pais basque (if someone can link it?)

but normally it's very suitable for contador.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Froome will ride Crit Int?

He'll ride whatever Contador rides. He wants to stack up the win against Contador as much as possible. My IMO is one to show wiggins that he is in the league with Contador, so no lap dog anymore, two to boost his confidence come July.

Jelantik said:
Interesting! I bet Froome really wants to smothered Contador again. So far the score is 2-0 for Froome.

Looks like Saxo will be sending their "A team" for Pais Vasco:
http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/races.asp?r_id=2983#nu

I bet sky will send their A team as well. Checking out some SRM against Saxo A team :D:D

Sky's A team >>>>>>>> Saxo's A team ( of course on paper it's the other way round)

Come the Tour it will be 5-0 for him. And if he doesn't crash or get injured the Tour is for him. He is better on the climbs, better in the tts and he has the best team so something like Fuente De won't work. The only way he could lose is when Alberto attacks on a descent but there are barely any descent finishes in tdf and the time he could in theory lose there does not weigh up in any way against the time he'll gain on the climbs. I think it's 99% certain he'll win. Alberto is not the same anymore.

The people on twitter say it as it is, "wedding before or after you win the tour?" There is one massive favorite and it isn't Alberto Contador

LaFlorecita said:
Sky's A team >>>>>>>> Saxo's A team ( of course on paper it's the other way round)

Come the Tour it will be 5-0 for him. And if he doesn't crash or get injured the Tour is for him. He is better on the climbs, better in the tts and he has the best team so something like Fuente De won't work. The only way he could lose is when Alberto attacks on a descent but there are barely any descent finishes in tdf and the time he could in theory lose there does not weigh up in any way against the time he'll gain on the climbs. I think it's 99% certain he'll win. Alberto is not the same anymore.

The people on twitter say it as it is, "wedding before or after you win the tour?" There is one massive favorite and it isn't Alberto Contador

You are by far the most depessing Contador supporter the world has ever witnessed.

I guess people find me depressing because they still live in that fairytale world where Alberto is going to miraculously improve so much that he can ride away from everyone in the mountains. Wake up. Froome is much much much more impressive than Alberto this season and my guess is that it will stay that way. Froome is just the new main stage racer. Deal with it.

LaFlorecita said:
I guess people find me depressing because they still live in that fairytale world where Alberto is going to miraculously improve so much that he can ride away from everyone in the mountains. Wake up. Froome is much much much more impressive than Alberto this season and my guess is that it will stay that way. Froome is just the new main stage racer. Deal with it.

It has nothing to do with whos in better shape or better generally. You always act like its a prescribed season already. Of course Froome is impressive and everybody knows that Contador certainly won't ride circles around him on climbs, but good lord please let the guys race and bring a good fight to the spectators. I think if you would be able to decide, you would send Contador to races where competition is weak, just to be happy that he won.

JimPanzen said:
It has nothing to do with whos in better shape or better generally. You always act like its a prescribed season already. Of course Froome is impressive and everybody knows that Contador certainly won't ride circles around him on climbs, but good lord please let the guys race and bring a good fight to the spectators. I think if you would be able to decide, you would send Contador to races where competition is weak, just to be happy that he won.

Yes :D losing every time is not good for his confidence and it only makes Froome stronger and stronger because he knows he's on the right track. And besides a season without any wins would be a complete, utter failure and would make this year a joke on his palmares. And yes I think it's a prescribed season.

TRENDING THREADS