• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Silence is eloquent. Total dominance by Sky must have everyone stunned, disappointed or thinking clinic thoughts. Who cares. I found last year's Tour boring even though I admired what Sky did. Froome is more exciting to watch than Wiggins except in the TT of course and there is not much to say about the stage that has not already been said by the commentators. Sky - 1. Rivals - 0.

Keep the clinic talk in the clinic.

As for silence? Who knows. Imo, Froome made a mistake yesterday going so strong for the lead early. He may well have had the opposite effect as that desired - he's got the yellow, but at the cost of weakening himself and his team against later attacks.

Which we saw today!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hiero2 said:
Keep the clinic talk in the clinic.

As for silence? Who knows. Imo, Froome made a mistake yesterday going so strong for the lead early. He may well have had the opposite effect as that desired - he's got the yellow, but at the cost of weakening himself and his team against later attacks.

Which we saw today!

that's because either he is over confident or just being plain arrogant after what he did Ax3. Also clearly showing he is still 'immature' as far as his tactic. Today is just one of the showing, how the sky control's was going to the toilet. They lost porte from 2nd spot. Good luck carving 11 minutes back. Possible sky 1-2 hype again for this year? Boy, how wrong they were. Now the GC contenders taught them the lesson. This isn't 2012 TDF.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
that's because either he is over confident or just being plain arrogant after what he did Ax3. Also clearly showing he is still 'immature' as far as his tactic. Today is just one of the showing, how the sky control's was going to the toilet. They lost porte from 2nd spot. Good luck carving 11 minutes back. Possible sky 1-2 hype again for this year? Boy, how wrong they were. Now the GC contenders taught them the lesson. This isn't 2012 TDF.

Well with everyone banking on Froome getting tyred:rolleyes:, he done the right thing. What should he do wait for the favs who got dropped or something.

'Kinjah said that for the 2006 Road World Championships Froome used official federation e-mails to enter himself, without the knowledge of officials who did not support him.

After Kinjah obtained the password for the e-mail account, Froome wrote e-mails pretending to be the chairman and entered himself for the tournament. But the move didn't quite go to plan as Froome crashed into an official.'

Hummm, kinda reminds me of a certain Pat McQ, cheating to get in a race. Some role model!

"Mark is one of the big characters in the sport. Some people love him and some people hate him but to do something like that is obviously very sad for the whole atmosphere," said Froome. "It leaves a bit of a bad taste in your mouth. Or, a bad taste in Mark's mouth."

My english isn't that good but this comment... Is he joking about Cav's incident in the time trial?

trevim said:
"Mark is one of the big characters in the sport. Some people love him and some people hate him but to do something like that is obviously very sad for the whole atmosphere," said Froome. "It leaves a bit of a bad taste in your mouth. Or, a bad taste in Mark's mouth."

My english isn't that good but this comment... Is he joking about Cav's incident in the time trial?

Yes mate he is. He is taking the p*ss. :D

Jelantik said:

2012 TDF where Sky was the only strong team and Nibali was the only rival.
2013 TDF is a different matter. The strong teams are Sky, Saxo, Movistar. Its a pity that Valverde and Contador are not so strong as Froome otherwise it would have been a battle royale. Based on the early races where Contador kept attacking and the battle was close, i thought it would be the same in the TDF but i was wrong.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My prediction of Froome losing this TDF because of mediocre Sky team is coming even closer to the truth

So Sky down to 7

1 is for doing water/food (the spanish guy)
1 should be in gips rather than running (thomas)

So they basically they run in 5 (froome, porte, kennaugh, stannard, Siutsou) and in 3.5 in mountains (stannard is useles, Siutsou is like the spanigh guy, a little bit better)

If he wins this without a team :rolleyes:

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
Does anyone have any idea what was Froome's average power in yesterday's TT?

no idea but he avg 406 at the 2011 vuelta tt, that was longer and it was pretty hot if i remember correctly, that in consideration + better form ~420.

EnacheV said:
My prediction of Froome losing this TDF because of mediocre Sky team is coming even closer to the truth

So Sky down to 7

So they basically they run in 5 (froome, porte, kennaugh, stannard, Siutsou) and in 3.5 in mountains (stannard is useles, Siutsou is like the spanigh guy, a little bit better)

Losing EBH is a big blow definately.

EnacheV said:

So Sky down to 7

Last year, Sky was down to 8 man with the early loss of Siutsou, and one of the 8 was Cavendish and another was Eisel who spent much of the time making sure Cavendish came in within the time limit.

Obviously Froome doesn't need the team as much as Wiggin needed. Losing EBH is going to hurt, but I think he is still likely to make it with minimal support from his team. He has a pretty good buffer, has another ITT coming, he has his form to rely on, and he has shown that he can survive being isolated.

Also, there is the unique situation of the current GC Standings - the 2nd to 6th position made up of 5 riders from 3 teams all within 45s of each other, will only help Froome as the other teams will in all likelihood ride to protect their own position when someone attacks.

I think the biggest beneficiary of Sky's situation will be the breakaway riders. Sky can also probably forget about trying to setup a stage win for Porte.

EnacheV said:

So Sky down to 7

What is the "spanish guy name"?

TRENDING THREADS