• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Sure that's what we think now, but in a couple of weeks he'll beg off for some other reason. Froome scared that Alberto is going to unload a can of whup a$$ on him this year. :p:D

Not if last season is anything to go by.

SaxonUK said:
Or he's actually injured?

Apparently those emoticons in my posts are lost on you... ;)

EDIT: Prudhomme is rightfully incensed that Sky pulled Porte at the last minute (though Sky's thinking is sound/rational):

"We find it cavalier to have the reigning (Paris-Nice) champion pull out just before the start," Prudhomme said, according to AFP.

"We were told that to win points for the world rankings, the Tirreno was more favourable (to Porte) due to its technical characteristics and the presence of an (individual) time-trial."

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jspear said:
He's just to scared to face Alberto Contador right now. :p

Publicus said:
Sure that's what we think now, but in a couple of weeks he'll beg off for some other reason. Froome scared that Alberto is going to unload a can of whup a$$ on him this year. :p:D

Hate to say called it...wait, I love to say that. Called it! :D

Afrank said:
He's looking to get a hint of what Contador's form is. Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...

Jspear said:
I wonder if Froome's back pain is chronic? If it's something that could nag him throughout the season....

JRanton said:
It's the same injury that forced him out of Lombardia last year and he was complaining about it at the worlds too. So yeah, could be one to watch.

Interesting. I didn't realize he's suffered with this injury in the recent past. Could it be a product of his ungainly position on the bike? I mean it works for him (see 2012-2013 results), but he always looks uncomfortable.

Publicus said:
Interesting. I didn't realize he's suffered with this injury in the recent past. Could it be a product of his ungainly position on the bike? I mean it works for him (see 2012-2013 results), but he always looks uncomfortable.

I have no idea as to why he has this back problem....It could be his position on the bike....but I would think with as advanced as Sky is in their training that they would be able to properly fit him on a bike. For me personally, the reason he looks so odd on a bike is his gangly arms...they kinda stick way out.

TRENDING THREADS