• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 338 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
silvergrenade said:
Froome incredible at positioning himself at the front at all finishes.
Well, he doesn't exactly position himself now does he. His team sets him up to be fresh for the finale and places him on the front with a big sky blue ribbon wrapped around him.

Why don't other GC contenders try to find his wheel? Its very strange. Quintana seems to do it more often than not. Pinot, Bardet, Contador?

PS: I think your assessment is very biased. He's good at finales, finishing with the top 10 plenty of times. He's good, regardless of what joke you might make out of it.

portugal11 said:
BigMac said:
Is it true that he doesn't give handshakes?
No... you should forget what piçarra says

It wasn't Piçarra, though. It was that clueless lady they are talking to. He simply agreed.

rick james said:
BigMac said:
Is it true that he doesn't give handshakes?
who is spreading that lies?

Portuguese Eurosport. I've learned not to trust anything those clowns say, hence I asked. It appears they're not only useless at their job, they're also liars.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Considering the extortion of Tour and weakened immune system I can't imagine any GT contender touches or shakes hands with anyone. Why risk it.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
Van Garderen doesn't shake hands, they might have meant him.

Apparently he fist-bumps instead. I'm sure there are others as well. Particularly since it seems like when one guy comes down with something, a dozen guys in the peloton get the same thing.

I'd rather be seen as a wuss who's afraid of germs and healthy than a tough guy who has to abandon 2/3 of the way through because I have a respiratory infection. :rolleyes:

Re: Re:

Warhawk said:
Poursuivant said:
Van Garderen doesn't shake hands, they might have meant him.

Apparently he fist-bumps instead. I'm sure there are others as well. Particularly since it seems like when one guy comes down with something, a dozen guys in the peloton get the same thing.

I'd rather be seen as a wuss who's afraid of germs and healthy than a tough guy who has to abandon 2/3 of the way through because I have a respiratory infection. :rolleyes:

It make sense I think. Too easy to pick up a bug.

TRENDING THREADS