• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 399 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
DBotero said:
10zr1id.jpg

29f5jwn.jpg

Feeling after beating Contador on a MTF in March.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Stan955 said:
How is it beating ? They came same time ...

He should be in worse form than AC right now(and he might be...that's scary). AC has been racing. If Froome is this good now, then he's gonna be thermonuclear in July. He doesn't mess up when it comes to being at his best in July.
Well you can't know this , cos as you said he is never good this early so you can't know what might happen in July.

Stan955 said:
Jspear said:
Stan955 said:

He should be in worse form than AC right now(and he might be...that's scary). AC has been racing. If Froome is this good now, then he's gonna be thermonuclear in July. He doesn't mess up when it comes to being at his best in July.
Well you can't know this , cos as you said he is never good this early so you can't know what might happen in July.

Sure, you can't be 100% certain, but I'm 99% certain he'll destroy everyone in the Tour...barring a crash.

Stan955 said:
Jspear said:
Stan955 said:

Actually, he has been this good this early, in 2013 he was actually better than he is now, he was second in TA and won Criterium International in this weekend.

Vasilis said:
Stan955 said:
Jspear said:
Stan955 said:

Actually, he has been this good this early, in 2013 he was actually better than he is now, he was second in TA and won Criterium International in this weekend.

His programme didnt include the Vuelta that year. In the following years, he's always ridden it.

Stan955 said:
Jspear said:
Stan955 said:

his form in July tells you he gets it bang on

LaFlorecita said:
rick james said:
Stan955 said:
because Bertie should be much better than the Dawg right now
Maybe Berto is aiming for a monster peak in July as well?
Berto and Froome are taking the same approach as they always are. Contador is going all out in a span of a month and riding 3 one week races, aiming to win everyone of those. I think you are well aware of that.

Froome is training alone or together with a teammate in South Africa after doing some minor race Down Under. It just so happens that he probably hasn't got sick and has been able to train optimally, so he is maybe a bit better than he has been here previously.

Don't delude yourself. ;)

Re:

sir fly said:
Despite today's loss in Catalunya, Froome's starting his spring season from higher level than previous years.
Still in base, but broad base.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was suffering with stomach problems today. Rosa had it earlier this week before pulling out and it's probably spread through the team. I think both Landa and Kennaugh DNF'd today with the same problem and Thomas mentioned yesterday that he wasn't feeling very well.

JRanton said:
sir fly said:
Despite today's loss in Catalunya, Froome's starting his spring season from higher level than previous years.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was suffering with stomach problems today. Rosa had it earlier this week before pulling out and it's probably spread through the team. I think both Landa and Kennaugh DNF'd today with the same problem and Thomas mentioned yesterday that he wasn't feeling very well.
That kind of infection is always annoying.

sir fly said:
JRanton said:
sir fly said:

Although according to Portal, the DS, it was simply a positioning error on the descent. I think Froome and Sky are so used to leading races that when they sit 2nd on GC they take their eye off the ball at the start of stages. At least here, unlike the Vuelta, there was no realistic chance of winning the race even without the mistake.

JRanton said:
sir fly said:
JRanton said:
sir fly said:

Although according to Portal, the DS, it was simply a positioning error on the descent. I think Froome and Sky are so used to leading races that when they sit 2nd on GC they take their eye off the ball at the start of stages. At least here, unlike the Vuelta, there was no realistic chance of winning the race even without the mistake.
Yes... Once they've lost the contact, they've probably decided to take it easy.
No point in wasting resources from that position.
The concern should be, though, the mistake is repeating.

sir fly said:
JRanton said:
sir fly said:
JRanton said:
sir fly said:

Yes... Once they've lost the contact, they've probably decided to take it easy.
No point in wasting resources from that position.
The concern should be, though, the mistake is repeating.

They chased for 50km but there were too many riders contributing up front. I think this is more of a team failure than Froome. These types of splits happen a lot during the season when the pace is very high at the start of stages. The difference is the splits are normally shut down quickly which begs the question, like at the Vuelta, where were Froome's teammates to help shut the gap when it was only a matter of seconds between the groups.

TRENDING THREADS