• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 421 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
So there was me enjoying a relaxing Friday night and thought I'd pop in to make sure the good ship was all fine and well, then get to read pages of the same old arguments again.

Whilst there are some very good posts here we can't have the trolling and sly personal attacks. We all have our favourite riders and our favourite races (mine is Paris-Roubaix FWIW) but we won't ever all agree without seemingly getting offended or personal.

That's enough now, I'm nipping his in the bud.

Let's agree to disagree and enjoy watching our favourites while they are here, they won't be racing forever.

TMP402 said:
Pricey_sky said:
I'm nipping his in the bud.

Saucy Pricey.

Well, it is the weekend after all! :lol:

Back to Froome, not sure if we will see any GC action tomorrow. It seems like most of the favourites, Froome included, have got Sunday marked down as a key stage.

It could be very tricky on the descent especially if it rains and there are gaps between riders and groups over the top.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
TMP402 said:
Pricey_sky said:
I'm nipping his in the bud.

Saucy Pricey.

Well, it is the weekend after all! :lol:

Back to Froome, not sure if we will see any GC action tomorrow. It seems like most of the favourites, Froome included, have got Sunday marked down as a key stage.

It could be very tricky on the descent especially if it rains and there are gaps between riders and groups over the top.
Saturday, Sky will be happy to relinquish yellow it the break is acceptable. On the final climb, no GC guys are going attack off the front, but some may get shelled out the back.
Sunday, more likely attacks. I can see a group of 4-5 GC riders coming in together.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if we will see a surprise Froome attack. None of the other teams have strong mountain domestiques so Sky can make it so all the leaders are on their own and then launch Froome, then TT to the finish which is what he's good at.

Unlikely but I can hope ...

So before the Tour, it was all about Froome being weak. I'd like to be in his shoes right now. Tomorrow shouldn't be a big deal, unless the weather makes it hard on the doms, and then Sunday will give us a true sense of "who's in, who's out". On rest day, some will have seen their stocks drop, others will already be willing to chase to protect a top-10.

Sunday will be a big day, and on big days, Froome smokes the opposition. If he doesn't, there will be a gleam of hope for the rest.

Tonton said:
So before the Tour, it was all about Froome being weak. I'd like to be in his shoes right now. Tomorrow shouldn't be a big deal, unless the weather makes it hard on the doms, and then Sunday will give us a true sense of "who's in, who's out". On rest day, some will have seen their stocks drop, others will already be willing to chase to protect a top-10.

Sunday will be a big day, and on big days, Froome smokes the opposition. If he doesn't, there will be a gleam of hope for the rest.
Ultimately, Froome is currently wearing yellow. If he is still wearing it by the final TT, he will win. He doesn't really need to smoke anyone - just thin them out a little.

Parker said:
Tonton said:

Ultimately, Froome is currently wearing yellow. If he is still wearing it by the final TT, he will win. He doesn't really need to smoke anyone - just thin them out a little.
He needs to kill the rest mentally, have them fight for their spot, forget the win. That's what I mean. Less than a minute will get guys hungry for more.

Tonton said:
Parker said:
Tonton said:

He needs to kill the rest mentally, have them fight for their spot, forget the win. That's what I mean. Less than a minute will get guys hungry for more.
Maybe. I think Froome is confident enough to be conservative until the Isoard on stage 19(?). He'll have digs, but he won't mind if they don't work.

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Why is my post deleted? because I am of the opinion that the TDF of 2016 was a farce and gifted to Froome? I didn't attack anybody nor did I say any word about doping, I symply defended Nibali & Quintana their GT wins. Some Froome supporters here are insulting Nibali and Quintana and their posts dont get deleted? :confused:

I simply only said that a rider moving without a bike should be disqualified, rules are rules. How is that trolling or attacking someone personally?

This place is looking like France where Froome doesn't have to play by the same rules. Apparently, the same goes for his fans.

Re:

MovistarRider said:
Why is my post deleted? because I am of the opinion that the TDF of 2016 was a farce and gifted to Froome? I didn't attack anybody nor did I say any word about doping, I symply defended Nibali & Quintana their GT wins. Some Froome supporters here are insulting Nibali and Quintana and their posts dont get deleted? :confused:

This place is looking like France where Froome doesn't have to play by the same rules. Apparently, the same goes for his fans.

It is called consistency of moderation. Look how this thing works in some other top rider topic.

Re: Re:

bambino said:
MovistarRider said:

It is called consistency of moderation. Look how this thing works in some other top rider topic.

Exactly this, there were many posts that were breaking rules that were posted last night, I've put an end to the conversation for now as I could easily have warned/banned several posters for breaking rules. I've given people the benefit of the doubt and I also didn't have time to go through every post last night as I was relaxing and catching up with old friends, if posters continue I will have to apply punishments.

Talking of consistency I've also stopped these kind of conversations in the Contador thread before, so I won't be accused of being biased in my moderation.

If you wish to discuss further please post in the moderators thread in the feedback section

Back to Froome, I do wonder if they will let the jersey go today, they have hinted they may do over recent days.

Having said that the temptation to hold the jersey on every stage of the race must be teasing them, assuming of course Froome does win the race, which is far from certain at this moment.

So appearently he rode because of 'Dangerous' riders like Latour and Frank (Frank is at 11 minutes lol).

He is losing his marbles if he thinks they are a danger to his jersey. Even if Latour or Pauwels would get the jersey for a day, who cares?

Or maybe Froome is so into statistisc that he wants the most yellow leader jerseys ever record?

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
So appearently he rode because of 'Dangerous' riders like Latour and Frank (Frank is at 11 minutes lol).

He is losing his marbles if he thinks they are a danger to his jersey. Even if Latour or Pauwels would get the jersey for a day, who cares?

Or maybe Froome is so into statistisc that he wants the most yellow leader jerseys ever record?
Frank was at 2:36 at the start of the stage, agree that they are zero danger

Eagle said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

But there aren't many mountain stages in this Tour (only 4 after tomorrow) so you really can't let good climbers go and who knows what might happen. It's better to be safe.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Check out Lance's Podcast for today...He gives very reasoable explanations for Sky's tactics

RattaKuningas said:
Eagle said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

But there aren't many mountain stages in this Tour (only 4 after tomorrow) so you really can't let good climbers go and who knows what might happen. It's better to be safe.

Exactly. Plus the big disasters for Sky have happened when they're on 2nd place on GC, Formigal and Catalunya this year, not when they're leading. It's a much more natural situation for them to be leading the race and they don't lose concentration.

TRENDING THREADS