• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 539 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Mod hat on:

Right, I've just had to spend a long time gutting the last few pages of this thread. Thanks to the poster who helped make this slightly easier. Several posts were removed as they quoted posts which needed removing or were off-topic.

I think every single poster who has had posts removed has been here long enough to know what is acceptable and what isn't. We do not want to ban people before the biggest race of the year, but we will. We will also ban people for longer than usual if their posting habits leading up to any infraction indicate that they might cause trouble during the Tour. You all know exactly where you can vent your feelings on this latest decision, I very much suggest that you only do it there.

Cheers,

KB.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Mod hat on:

Right, I've just had to spend a long time gutting the last few pages of this thread. Thanks to the poster who helped make this slightly easier. Several posts were removed as they quoted posts which needed removing or were off-topic.

I think every single poster who has had posts removed has been here long enough to know what is acceptable and what isn't. We do not want to ban people before the biggest race of the year, but we will. We will also ban people for longer than usual if their posting habits leading up to any infraction indicate that they might cause trouble during the Tour. You all know exactly where you can vent your feelings on this latest decision, I very much suggest that you only do it there.

Cheers,

KB.
Thanks. I think you guys do a great job on this board.

Re:

yetiyeti said:
I'm not a big Froome fan, and won't say I'm happy about the conclusion of this investigation, but the Tour would feel like a watered down race without him in it. I don't want him to win the Tour, but I want someone to beat him on the road.
^This^ I want someone to beat him on the road. I don't want: "If CF would have been there..."

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re:

buchanan said:
There is no asterisk next to Froome's name. In case people haven't received the news, he has been found innocent. Therefore he gets to keep everything. All the Tours, the Vuelta, the Giro. And the next GT he wins. No asterisks. The whole process was never even meant to have been made public since we're not even dealing with a banned substance. Sad that an innocent man has had his name dragged through the mud. And yet there are posters here, and even a mod, still libelling him.

You clearly do not understand the issues and did not get the point. He was denied option to be found innocent since the case was closed before any decision was adopted. In other words he is not innocent. To remind you, he breached the rules at least double more than Ulissi and Petacchi.

We can conclude, that money of Sky talks.

Re: Re:

lartiste said:
buchanan said:
There is no asterisk next to Froome's name. In case people haven't received the news, he has been found innocent. Therefore he gets to keep everything. All the Tours, the Vuelta, the Giro. And the next GT he wins. No asterisks. The whole process was never even meant to have been made public since we're not even dealing with a banned substance. Sad that an innocent man has had his name dragged through the mud. And yet there are posters here, and even a mod, still libelling him.

You clearly do not understand the issues and did not get the point. He was denied option to be found innocent since the case was closed before any decision was adopted. In other words he is not innocent. To remind you, he breached the rules at least double more than Ulissi and Petacchi.

Or we can conclude that the case was dropped because Froome’s legal team provided evidence that the test results weren’t accurate.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

Moviefan1203 said:
lartiste said:
buchanan said:

Or we can conclude that the case was dropped because Froome’s legal team provided evidence that the test results weren’t accurate.

There is no proof of that. And one proof against - they will not disclose anything. :razz:

My thesis is supported by the fact, that in "similar" cases significantly less serious guys were punished ... .

lartiste said:
Moviefan1203 said:
lartiste said:
buchanan said:

There is no proof of that. And one proof against - they will not disclose anything. :razz:

My thesis is supported by the fact, that in "similar" cases significantly less serious guys were punished ... .

Perhaps they shouldn't have been suspended. Perhaps the UCI and WADA got it right this time.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

Moviefan1203 said:
lartiste said:
Moviefan1203 said:
lartiste said:
buchanan said:

Perhaps they shouldn't have been suspended. Perhaps the UCI and WADA got it right this time.

It is always very suspicious when any authority changes attitude in particular in case in respect of supranational broadcasting network ... . And it is even more suspicious that after ten month they dropped the case without any decision and just at the moment when it became evident that ASO will block the guy from TdF.

There is so many coincidences that it is very difficult to trust version which have been presented.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
rick james said:
Of course, he’s wanting to leave the sport one of the greats, I think he has a couple more grand tour wins in him
Yes, more GT wins, maybe some records? Obvious goal would be 6 x TdF, 5 x GT in a row (assuming Vuelta'2018)?
But 5 more years indicate... 12 x GT.. :confused:

Brailsfraud will throw him away like garbage without mercy as soon as any better GT rider shall emerge in Sky ... . So this year and may be next year in Sky ;) .

rick james said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
rick james said:
Of course, he’s wanting to leave the sport one of the greats, I think he has a couple more grand tour wins in him
Yes, more GT wins, maybe some records? Obvious goal would be 6 x TdF, 5 x GT in a row (assuming Vuelta'2018)?
But 5 more years indicate... 12 x GT.. :confused:
They have a baby so no Spain for Froome dawg
Yes, I know..

Oliwright said:
The extreme anti sky cycling fans aren't going to change their minds by a UCI decision. But when other riders were cleared like Kreuziger, or even when riders were found guilty like Contador they were still supported and treated with dignity.
Froome contrary to common belief is beatable and just hasn't had the best competition in a few of the recent GTs. He's lost GTs very inform versions of Nibali, Quintana & Contador in the last few years. This year Dumoulin IMO ride a poor race & other than Yates there wasn't any GT winning riders present.
Yes, on every of the 6 GTs Froome has won, the others have all been weak and that's why he wins. :rolleyes:

Forever The Best said:
Oliwright said:
The extreme anti sky cycling fans aren't going to change their minds by a UCI decision. But when other riders were cleared like Kreuziger, or even when riders were found guilty like Contador they were still supported and treated with dignity.
Froome contrary to common belief is beatable and just hasn't had the best competition in a few of the recent GTs. He's lost GTs very inform versions of Nibali, Quintana & Contador in the last few years. This year Dumoulin IMO ride a poor race & other than Yates there wasn't any GT winning riders present.
Yes, on every of the 6 GTs Froome has won, the others have all been weak and that's why he wins. :rolleyes:

If you look past the red mist and read of what I said, Froome: "hasn't had the best competition in a few of the recent GTs". In the 2018 Tour, 2018 Vuelta & 2019 Giro, I don't think any of the best GT riders in the world were in their best form.

Obviously, Froome has been very good as well. However, this year I think the competition is much stronger and I look forward to an array of contenders taking it to Froome & Sky.

Oliwright said:
Forever The Best said:
Oliwright said:

If you look past the red mist and read of what I said, Froome: "hasn't had the best competition in a few of the recent GTs". In the 2018 Tour, 2018 Vuelta & 2019 Giro, I don't think any of the best GT riders in the world were in their best form.

Obviously, Froome has been very good as well. However, this year I think the competition is much stronger and I look forward to an array of contenders taking it to Froome & Sky.
He beated Nibali & Contador in Vuelta. He beated Dumoulin in Giro. He has beaten Quintana, Bardet and Porte numerous times. Who makes it a strong field if that is weak?

Forever The Best said:
Oliwright said:
Forever The Best said:
Oliwright said:

He beated Nibali & Contador in Vuelta. He beated Dumoulin in Giro. He has beaten Quintana, Bardet and Porte numerous times. Who makes it a strong field if that is weak?

He's beaten the best around on at least one occasion during his GT wins, however there is no question this is the most stacked GT field he has ever faced.

Oliwright said:
Forever The Best said:
Oliwright said:

You can only beat what's in front of you and beating the breaks off of two previous riders to complete the GT sweep (twice in one case), a reigning world and GT champion, two other former GT winners etc is impressive to say the least.

We can conclude, that money of Sky talks.[/quote]

Or we can conclude that the case was dropped because Froome’s legal team provided evidence that the test results weren’t accurate.[/quote]

My thesis is supported by the fact, that in "similar" cases significantly less serious guys were punished ... .[/quote]

Perhaps they shouldn't have been suspended. Perhaps the UCI and WADA got it right this time.[/quote]

It is always very suspicious when any authority changes attitude in particular in case in respect of supranational broadcasting network ... . And it is even more suspicious that after ten month they dropped the case without any decision and just at the moment when it became evident that ASO will block the guy from TdF.

There is so many coincidences that it is very difficult to trust version which have been presented.[/quote]

The more the case went on the more you felt that Froome was right all along. He hadn't done anything wrong, and his name was going to be cleared. He was exactly right. It is a shame that Froome was able to clear his name but others didn't have the same monetary options he did. The more I read about Salbutamol, the more I feel that Petacchi and Ulissi were wronged. They shouldn't have been suspended.

Moviefan1203 said:
The more the case went on the more you felt that Froome was right all along. He hadn't done anything wrong, and his name was going to be cleared. He was exactly right. It is a shame that Froome was able to clear his name but others didn't have the same monetary options he did. The more I read about Salbutamol, the more I feel that Petacchi and Ulissi were wronged. They shouldn't have been suspended.

If your going to discuss the finer details of the case, like the substance in question or previous rider bans, then it’s best to go to the clinic. We have to keep a strict ‘no-tolerance’ to clinic matter over this side of the forum.

Pricey_sky said:
Moviefan1203 said:

If your going to discuss the finer details of the case, like the substance in question or previous rider bans, then it’s best to go to the clinic. We have to keep a strict ‘no-tolerance’ to clinic matter over this side of the forum.

My apologies. :)

TRENDING THREADS