• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 580 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
I suppose you'd have to be incredibly clumsy to cut your finger off while making coffee… pretty sure it generally doesn't involve knives.
I guess you also have to be very famous for cutting your finger off to be breaking news. Sure wasn't breaking news when I stabbed myself in the hand a few years ago...

(And I know he didn't actually cut his finger off!)

There is more than one way to skin a rabbit, as the saying goes, and back on the African Savannah, the Great One probably just used a pointed stick and his bare hands. However, young Kellan's wee hands are not strong enough for that method so perhaps Froome Dad was showing the bairn how to do it with a knife when he suffered a spasm due to his broken neck. Thankfully nobody (at least no humans) lost an eye.

Just two Kenyans hanging around :D

EGtNVb7X0AE_Bux.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: gregrowlerson
So Froome jumps the gun and suggests Bernal will ride in his Tour Support. Wonder what racing form he'll have and how that will work out?
You're doing the same thing the news outlets did with their sensationalist headlines. He said he'd need to be the strongest for that to happen so it's not as if he's announcing himself as the leader now. Still, he should have probably shown more tact

In response to being asked if Bernal would be prepared to support him:

"He has said he is," Froome said, before adding: "I need to be the strongest. If he’s the strongest, then I’ll be happy if he wins, because that’s how racing goes – the strongest rider wins."

You're doing the same thing the news outlets did with their sensationalist headlines. He said he'd need to be the strongest for that to happen so it's not as if he's announcing himself as the leader now. Still, he should have probably shown more tact

In response to being asked if Bernal would be prepared to support him:

"He has said he is," Froome said, before adding: "I need to be the strongest. If he’s the strongest, then I’ll be happy if he wins, because that’s how racing goes – the strongest rider wins."
At least he "knows" how racing goes...although he had to be told to stop attacking Wiggins. That was him, wasn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: Koronin and Blanco

TRENDING THREADS