• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 619 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
It was mostly Froome himself who had unrealistic expectations. Right up until he was dropped from the TDF team, he was expressing optimism that he could win.

Translation: if he doesn't do well, he has an excuse.

It was all hype to keep his relevance. Don't forget he signed with a new team. It would be bad for him, Ineos and ISN to say that he still had a lot to improve.

Of course he's disappointed for failling the Tour selection, but he's not stupid and deep down he knows it was the right choice.

To be fair, Froome making a full recovery would be absolutely epic. Never rooted for the guy but if he can really fight for the Tour again I'm not gonna be mad. That said, one single half decent climbing performance a year doesn't convince me just yet.
Yes, fully agree.

I do not know why this thread is so positive though. Thought already that he won't be ready for the Vuelta but he is actually doing way worse than expected. I agree that he is seriously lacking leg muscle definition, so there might be room for (quite some) improvement still That said, he is so far off currently that I find it likelier that he will never again finish a GT in the top 10 than the other way around.

What a career with Sky/Ineos! Hopefully he has just as much success with his new team in the future!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYImnMnN-6I

View: https://twitter.com/INEOSGrenadiers/status/1325517629814136832?s=20

EmTxHvlXcAMuRSG

Thank you, Chris,
it looks like you are over, I'm afraid.

But remember, The Second Decade of The XXI Century belongs to you.
And please, be a champion, just retire and forget about the bag.
Robert

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS