• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 663 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Of course prime froome can fight with pogi and roglic, a guy who has a ftp of 6.4 w/kg can fight with everybody. And froome in his prime would be more faster today than 7 seven or 8 years ago, because the nutrition and training evolved.
The question is, can froome back to his best? Very difficult.
We dont know if Pogacar can improve his level, becouse he is really young, or not...The level he showed last year and this one so far is really high, but Froome best level as well....I think Froome could back close to his best level..but if that happen he will need luck to beat Pogacar. Froome would be happy to have option of podium in one of the GTs...But if Pereiro won a Tour you never Knows..you need luck and circunstances...The level Nibali had when he won the Tour I think is still possible for him....today he is far of that, but I think he will show a decent level at the end of the Tour and better at the Vuelta

Reactions: SHAD0W93
We dont know if Pogacar can improve his level, becouse he is really young, or not...The level he showed last year and this one so far is really high, but Froome best level as well....I think Froome could back close to his best level..but if that happen he will need luck to beat Pogacar. Froome would be happy to have option of podium in one of the GTs...But if Pereiro won a Tour you never Knows..you need luck and circunstances...The level Nibali had when he won the Tour I think is still possible for him....today he is far of that, but I think he will show a decent level at the end of the Tour and better at the Vuelta

I think you should wake up.

Pereiro needed a lot to go his way and there hasn't been a Tour like that since. I don't see how Froome at his age can get anywhere back close to his best. Same goes for Nibali. GC history has shown that age is a major factor in winning grand tours. After the age of 33 or so the chances really drop off. Evans managed a late one then dropped pretty quickly same with Sastre. Contador and Quintana were never as good in their 30s. I expect Nibali to go backwards quickly when the harder stages are reached and with Froome its all about next season at this point.

I think Nibali has a better chance of winning another Tour than Froome and I don't think Nibali has any chance at all.

These days Froome is being dropped by Sonny Colbrelli.

I think this is most unfair on Froome. The course so far has suited Colbrelli more, just wait until the roads start going uphill. :rolleyes::p Can we have a "who will finish higher up the GC, Froome or Colbrelli?" thread. :D

How can he come back near his best level? He is old, injured, has had 2 lost years, not sure what he is getting from this tour but its probably not improvements....
Oh, and now he is on a weak team, at least compared to sky
actually compared to sky its a *** team