• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 692 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
I can't believe Wiggins said that. Not even Taxus is that delusional.

He was almost dead last. He's back to his normal, Barloworld level.
Wiggins strikes me as normal and even insightful for decent stretches, then invariably shatters the illusion with some idiotic comment or another. That one reads like a "gotta pump British interest in the Tour" kind of comment. Laughable.

Dawg down to race Coppi & Bartali - against Nibali & Matti!

Last edited:
While plugging yet another cycling technology product Froome included these highlights today :

“I'm doing massive rides at the moment. Big sort of 30, 35-hour weeks of training on the bike. So, all heading in the right direction.”

“Spend this time really preparing getting massive sort of base work in at the moment. And then as I get closer to being race ready in March, I'll obviously step up the intensity there and start doing more race specific stuff as I head closer to the racing.”

Reminicing on TdF 2013: “And to have been there the year before and riding in aid of Bradley Wiggins, I came second. I kind of I was so close there and I felt as if I could go for it myself.”

On TdF 2021: “I mean even if I come in last I just I just want to get the Tour de France back in the legs and get that racing in. Which I'm really glad I did stick it out. I mean I think quite a few people didn't make it to Paris last year. It was a brutal race. So, I'm glad I stepped through it and got that in the legs and hopefully go back there in the future with high ambitions again.”

On changes since debuting professonally in 2007: “So, I think across the board we've seen a huge raise of the bar in terms of the general level of performance in professional cycling. Every professionals out there now doing 5 minute capacity efforts, 20 minutes longer steady state stuff. I mean everyone's got structured training now. It's very seldom you come across someone who just gets on their bike and rides. Everyone's got a plan. Everyone's got a coach. Everyone's got a structure to follow now.”

It would be nice to see him in a race again. I though it will be in Catalonia..But Maybe I prefer coppi Bartali, becpuse in Spain the team have Fuglsang and Woods..and surely he had to work... Maybe is better a no so mediatic race out of Italy.

Next race I see it will be Turkey..so It looks like the team dont have big plans with him, and he is not going to go to le Tour, except a very good performance in these races. I hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
It would be nice to see him in a race again. I though it will be in Catalonia..But Maybe I prefer coppi Bartali, becpuse in Spain the team have Fuglsang and Woods..and surely he had to work... Maybe is better a no so mediatic race out of Italy.

Next race I see it will be Turkey..so It looks like the team dont have big plans with him, and he is not going to go to le Tour, except a very good performance in these races. I hope so.
He should be at coppi bartali. Good to test the legs. But a guy who is racing Coppi Bartali, Tour of Turkey, this is not someone who will be competitive in biggest world tour races.

He has just done a big training camp at gran canaria

Well, I am always trying to put in the worse perspective..hehe, but of course if Froome get good feeling and results by May, he will be in le Tour.
I say that becouse the team was thinking about his calendar.. A Worl Tour or not, depending his plans with him. I prefer to see him on this kind of races, although the route and the way to race them is worse for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS