• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 727 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
FUEttPZWUAA1p4v-e1654931436939-1296x520.jpg

He was ill. He has showed Dauphine 2021 that he was better in the last stages, It has no sense this year he is worse than last year..he was at the level he showed in Alpes Maritimes at the begining of Dauohine. He started to be worse from the ITT, clearly for an illness,,, He is especially strong at recovery
He’s 37 years old. Maybe his recovery isn’t what it used to be. I’m 43. Right now while I’m sitting here with my kids, I feel like I could compete with anyone like I was 30 years old. After a couple of stages, the wear and tear would do me in.

He’s 37 years old. Maybe his recovery isn’t what it used to be. I’m 43. Right now while I’m sitting here with my kids, I feel like I could compete with anyone like I was 30 years old. After a couple of stages, the wear and tear would do me in.
43 is nothing, if you still have mentally the fight in you... it's post 50 that starts to wear you down!

I have to admit everything around him use to be quite strange. I dobt understand he wanst at Ventoux challenge and there is no too much explanations. With no more references it looks like he wont be at le Tour... Maybe better... But at least to know more about the plans with him and how he recovered of his problem in Dauphine.
It's called he's all washed up. Silence is the surest indicator of anonimity.

Reactions: saunaking
With all the COVID positives in the peloton, I wonder if this could be Froome's big break? How many COVID positives on IPT before Froome moves up into the top 8?

Maybe Froomey should start training wearing a mask as only riders that don't contract COVID can win the TDF. Maybe #5 isn't that crazy after all. It would be awesome to see Froome win Alpe d'Huez wearing a kit that included the following.

IMG_8022.jpg

I have to admit everything around him use to be quite strange. I dobt understand he wanst at Ventoux challenge and there is no too much explanations. With no more references it looks like he wont be at le Tour... Maybe better... But at least to know more about the plans with him and how he recovered of his problem in Dauphine.
The ultra mythical froome

Why no race in Route dOccitainie and go for a good result?

Probably it wouldn't be so strange and be easier for you to understand if you are more willing to accept that there is possibility that Froome is no longer able to contend for meaningful prize, that his time has passed

With all the COVID positives in the peloton, I wonder if this could be Froome's big break? How many COVID positives on IPT before Froome moves up into the top 8?

Maybe Froomey should start training wearing a mask as only riders that don't contract COVID can win the TDF. Maybe #5 isn't that crazy after all. It would be awesome to see Froome win Alpe d'Huez wearing a kit that included the following.

IMG_8022.jpg

The Tour will be survival of the healthiest i.e. the one infected at the latest. Chris is a great, experienced champion and he will adapt to this situation accordingly. He realizes that watts won't decide this edition, which the Slovenian upstarts have no idea about. The view of Chris, the only cyclist left, riding on Champs-Elysees in a gas mask will be most iconic in sports history :D

I‘m glad he rides the Tour also this year. Hoping he will be at the start there also in next years.

Froomey in IPT colors at the Tour is just something which I started to like. It‘s kind of the opposite to how we knew him in France with Sky, but he now is the more likeable version.

Hats off for starting another Tour, Chris, and good luck for these French three weeks! :)

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS