• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 761 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
I'm really liking froome exotic and hipster race program this year. After TDU, Cadel race, Melbourne Warnambool and Tour Rwanda, surely we will see him at Tour de Taiwan, scheldeprijs, Tour of Hungary and Vuelta a Colombia before he goes to the Tour de France. Maybe he will do some gravel races.

Oh, if only the Tour de Trump was still going.......

Tour du Rwanda has 21,000 meters of altitude gain over 8 stages it's totally brutal, perfect for Froome.

FogQ1UyX0AIO26Z

FoctMTDXoAA7IFs
I watched the profiles nada It is no so brutal. There is kot a mountain stage of le Tour or il Giro, but ir is true all the stages han climbs and are quite hard. First one the only one a Big group could techa the end but It is not sure. Not finish in a big climb, but globaly is quite hard and I like the stages, with even cobbles murs. But the main factor is altitude. Allways above 1350 m, most of the race above 1500 and several rines above 2000. It is not Vuelta a Bolivia, but at that altitude every climb is hard

Why are you criticising somebody for smiling in a photo? If you are not capable of viewing any image of the man without bringing prejudice to the situation, what do you think you have to add to the discussion other than repetition of your prejudice?
The criticism and the hate around froome here, is being ridiculous. I don't undedstand why. He's not a bad guy, a bully like armstrong.

The criticism and the hate around froome here, is being ridiculous. I don't undedstand why. He's not a bad guy, a bully like armstrong.

Froome fans feel sorry for the guy, that he still thinks he can reach the ability to win a race again. He should take his swan song at this year's Tour and bow out gracefully. Or abandon all hope of being the team leader and just become the road captain and mentor to the younger guys.

In his latest video - thirty minutes of his Australian adventure - Chris Froome is still banging the comeback drum.
He was a guest at the cricket and during an interview said: "Yes, I've still got that fire in me. Still trying to get back to former strengths. Lots of motivation still left in the tank."
Does he really believe this or is it just some personal PR to keep his team hoping he will be great again and worth his €5m per season?
I mean, he's not bothering to say: "I'm trying to be as good as I can be at this stage of my career," he always refers to former glories and Grand Tour winning form.
He can't possibly believe this is possible. Can he?

Personally I dislike the guy because of his ludicrous transformation from zero to hero. Then he goes out there in front of the cameras like he is some nice little boy scout. I don't buy it for a second. Never did.

100 riders should start the Tour du Rwanda, which will include some African teams/competitors and deep squad selections from the likes of EF Education and Total Energies.
It will be a pretty challenging race of 8 Stages totalling 1,135K's with 37 categorised climbs.
Seriously now, how do you feel Christopher Clive Froome will perform?
Will he even finish? I think that is a legitimate question.
Will he even feature in the shake up at any of the finishing lines or flash in a breakaway?
Personally, I think Chris will talk about it in PR terms and how great it is to be back on his home continent and promoting cycling in Africa.
If he finishes I think he will place around (and I am being generous) 45th.

Reactions: Lequack

TRENDING THREADS