• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chris Horner is torching knuckleheads and murdering everyone's name

Much respect for Chris Horner's youtube channel and race analysis.
I think he does an amazing job of breaking down the stage tactics and I learn a lot from him... even if I dont agree 100% of the time

Like today challenging Yates' assertion about struggling partly due to heat by showing the thermometer on the moto when they showed the speed during the broadcast and
pointing out stuff like riders not dumping much water on themselves during the stage or Rosa riding big distances without bidons.

The other day he caught Ewan raising his hand due to a mechanical before the pace was lifted on the climb dropping the sprinters, but nobody on the broadcast pointed it out.

He's sometimes a bit mean to the GCN guys, calling them out badly!

But the way he just murders names is hilarious and I almost thing he's trolling people.

Drone Harper??? lol they mention drone hopper hundreds of times in the broadcast, its an english word how does he mess this one up.

And riders name, there are so so many. I love it.

At the end of the day its clear he puts a lot of effort into his videos and I'm grateful for it.

I watch Chris Horner's takes after every major race and GT stage.
I do not find him annoying, which so many who try their hand at broadcasting succumb to.
There is nobody doing it better on tv or the internet at the moment.
He gets straight to the point, which so many irritating you tubers constantly fail to and he wraps things up very quickly and efficiently.
A must watch!

Last edited:
Like today challenging Yates' assertion about struggling partly due to heat by showing the thermometer on the moto when they showed the speed during the broadcast and
pointing out stuff like riders not dumping much water on themselves during the stage or Rosa riding big distances without bidons.
To be fair, it was being pointed out in Asturias when White was claiming Yates suffered due to the 30º heat, that it was only actually around 20º. Yates has never liked the heat, but he wasn't this volatile in it before, otherwise he'd never have won the Vuelta.

To be fair, it was being pointed out in Asturias when White was claiming Yates suffered due to the 30º heat, that it was only actually around 20º. Yates has never liked the heat, but he wasn't this volatile in it before, otherwise he'd never have won the Vuelta.

The S.Yates situation is strange because in the past he has thrived in the heat - It's Adam who can struggle in the heat.

In my view Horner needs to take a breath and modulate his delivery. It's frenetic. Unwatchable, and it's gotten worse since he started. Much better when he's relegated to commentary on a team on NBC or whomever it is where he's paired with Burmeister and Van de Velde.

I'd rather listen to 5 hours of GCN than 5 minutes of Horner. Even...gasp...the insufferable Blythe. Daniel Lloyd, Rob Hatch, Jose Been, Kelley, Backstedt, McEwen are all fantastic. I'm really grateful for GCN. Very impressed. And Orla Chennaoui does a nice job as well.

In my view Horner needs to take a breath and modulate his delivery. It's frenetic. Unwatchable, and it's gotten worse since he started. Much better when he's relegated to commentary on a team on NBC or whomever it is where he's paired with Burmeister and Van de Velde.

I'd rather listen to 5 hours of GCN than 5 minutes of Horner. Even...gasp...the insufferable Blythe. Daniel Lloyd, Rob Hatch, Jose Been, Kelley, Backstedt, McEwen are all fantastic. I'm really grateful for GCN. Very impressed. And Orla Chennaoui does a nice job as well.
GCN is pretty good, but it is irritating as hell when they complain (they do it waaay too much) about how boring long stages are and the poor commentators have to work hard to entertain us!
That's your job! And maybe we are watching the entire stage cuz we like cycling!!!

Ya he's definitely excited! I dont' mind it too much.
I'm just wondering what its going to take for him to stop calling Caleb Ewan the #1 sprinter in the world

My favorite part of LBL commentary was when he said Evenepoel doesn't want to go solo and then very short time later says you don't Evenpoel to go solo.
Haha, didn't see that, but i'm sure Evenepoel wouldn't have mind Powless or some other Skujins to go with him and share a bit of the load until Roche aux Faucons. A bit like Armirail but then actually taking a few pulls, if only just enough to get a breather.

I enjoy parts of The Cycling Dane. This one up Blockhaus I just watched and it was quite fun.

Otherwise I rarely go a day without LRCP. I just like them, I like their interactions and banter and I like Benjis warmer approach in particular.

(I think I started watching LR after finding an episode about a skieer talking about clinic stuff.)

Oh and I cannot get past Armstrong attitude to even listen to a whole episode of his podcast. It's just too much narcissism for my taste.

What other YouTube channels do people watch? I like Horner but it'd be nice to have something else.

Cosmo on Cycling Tips is great but hardly ever uploads stuff.

I don't like Lanterne Rouge or the Move (though Bruyneel is okay when he is on).

I quite like Roue Libre though I have only caught on to them recently.

I listen to Lanterne Rouge though I find the Australian guy annoying, tbh.

My favorite podcast is The Cycling Podcast but they need to find their feet after the sad death of Richard Moore. Moore was kind of the glue.

TRENDING THREADS