• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ChrisE ban

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
It wasn't that I was so 'interested' in googling SA or in 'wrasslers'. It just seemed ironic that he (and possibly some others) was always pretending to be something he wasn't. ;)

Well I confess that I am pretending to be Glenn Wilson. :eek:

Better than before at least. ;)

patricknd said:
he speaks highly of you. if you play your cards right you could probably talk him into taking on moderator duties.

Oh sure.

Before your time here I think, Wonderlance, who frequently got into little tantrums with Chris E, shared with us his dream of dreams: to be a mod here on CyclingNews. I made him a deal. I told him that the only way I could make him a mod is if we made Chris E a mod as well. He was resigned to thus having to campaign for Chris to be promoted to mod as well. As you can guess, that hasn't, well...as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

images

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Better than before at least. ;)

Oh sure.

Before your time here I think, Wonderlance, who frequently got into little tantrums with Chris E, shared with us his dream of dreams: to be a mod here on CyclingNews. I made him a deal. I told him that the only way I could make him a mod is if we made Chris E a mod as well. He was resigned to thus having to campaign for Chris to be promoted to mod as well. As you can guess, that hasn't, well...as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?
q=tbn:ANd9GcRivn00S8ryLudMWHzOACKVqFA9Fh-mKrxdng5oCXt4NfAiBBnr&t=1

:)

The Eagles said the same thing as your picture......................:eek:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
i'm not afraid to state my opinion including on behalf of those who prefer to stay silent - this ban was well deserved.

disagree, argue, counter to your hearts content - but not the way it leads to people being repeatedly insulted.

when 2 or more minds don't meet (and that's the way any adult is often faced with) , there are civil ways to disagree.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Man down, fanboys, I repeat, we have man down.

Chris, what happened when I had a beer and let you alone, man ?
You should have come with me.

See you in a month. It's over quicker than you think, isn't it. :D

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
let's hope he does not make another of his typical acions he openly admitted to and which may lead this time to a permanent ban - creating sock puppets.

otoh...:)

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
python said:
i'm not afraid to state my opinion including on behalf of those who prefer to stay silent - this ban was well deserved.

disagree, argue, counter to your hearts content - but not the way it leads to people being repeatedly insulted.

when 2 or more minds don't meet (and that's the way any adult is often faced with) , there are civil ways to disagree.

pity you aren't one of those who prefers to stay silent :D

try it for a day or two, you might enjoy it

A

Anonymous

oh dear.. not again.

To be fair to the mods, they go pretty easy on Chris. He could have had a perma ban a long time ago.

When will he learn. :rolleyes:

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I was "in the real world" for the past week and missed all this drama. I don't recall being insulted be Chris E, but regardless...sounds like his time was up. I only wish that the moderators would use my "Ban members like you mean it" suggestions. Let's see... For this one, how about:
He was banned because he was so insulting even his sock puppets turned on him.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
patricknd said:
pity you aren't one of those who prefers to stay silent :D

try it for a day or two, you might enjoy it
pity advice from you has never amounted to much...pity you might enjoy being being yourself amd less of a proxy for obnoxiousness...;)

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
What if there were at least a few forum members (and moderators it seems) who took your own arid and dogmatic piety for its own form of obnoxiousness?
then you should open a thread about me.

python said:
then you should open a thread about me...

i think you know that that's not an option (although maybe just for this month.)

but not really the point. this has been rehearsed infinite times before, but despite the fact that chris may scattershot and go off the rails in terms of tying together too many points in too few words for the too plodding sensibilities of those he's sometimes arguing with, his is a disruptive viewpoint--which can be welcome.

whether you care for it or not is a separate issue...

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
i think you know that that's not an option (although maybe just for this month.)
why do you then bring a discussion of another member in the thread you know is offtopic ?

paddy there is little sense of humour one can learn from you...

python said:
why do you then bring a discussion of another member in the thread you know is offtopic ?

not another member. definition of obnoxiousness. which was the topic of your now deleted post in the mod thread. nothing to do with you: you're just a guy? whose avatar and name are in fierce--or intimate--tension.

i was holding to the terms of how you set about defining forum propriety.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
not another member. definition of obnoxiousness. which was the topic of your now deleted post in the mod thread. nothing to do with you: you're just a guy? whose avatar and name are in fierce--or intimate--tension.

i was holding to the terms of how you set about defining forum propriety.
once again, the thead is about chrisE being banned and why.

open a thread about me and my actions (or my avatars) if you want to discuss me.

python said:
once again, the thead is about chrisE being banned and why.

open a thread about me and my actions if you want to discuss me.

I don't want to discuss you. You seem to be struggling with this. Chris was banned. You chimed in saying that he should not only be banned now but permanently because he is obnoxiousness incarnate. However, you're not a moderator and, even if you were, it's not clear that your definition of obnoxiousness would suffice to merit a permanent ban for Chris. So it was basically a rhetorical question: since the three strikes rule is already doing effective damage, who really cares about what you think is obnoxious--and, more to the point, of your past few posts, if Patrick is a proxy for it?

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
python said:

paddy there is little sense of humour one can learn from you...

Ooooh burn :eek:

Seriously man, let it loose. I'm trying to help you. If glenn shows up he'll rip you to shreds if you can't do better than that. :D